Home Forums General Discussion Mino Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Good Morning Fellow AP’ers!

It seems like it’s been forever since I’ve posted on here. I am still around and often read the posts. I have been feeling good and have been busy living life! It has been over 4 years since I have had any swelling in my joints. I have switched to taking 100mg mino twice a day on MWF. It seems to be working as well as the 100mg twice a day 7 days a week worked for me.

My question is Would it be just as beneficial to take 100mg of mino on a daily basis (7 days a week) instead of the 100mg twice a day on MWF? The reason I ask is because I occasionally forget that 2nd dose in the evenings. It would be so much easier for me if I could just take the 100mg daily in the mornings so that I wouldn’t forget. Is there anyone else that does 100mg 7 days a week? I will also ask Dr. S about doing this. I am just curious if anyone else is on the schedule I mention.

Hope everyone is doing well. It is so cold here in South Dakota. In the single digits and below 0 in the evenings. I really miss the warm temps! Will be going to Jamaica the first couple weeks of Feb. Looking forward to the warmth!!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
    Lori

PS- Does anyone ever hear from JB? She was our Indiana friend with SD. I have not heard anything from her since August and am hoping everything is alright with her.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Kid,so nice to hear from you again.I was able to drop my Mino down to 100mg every other day and did just fine.That was until I found out about this darn Lyme situation.If you take it day on and day off that gives your gut a much needed break….just my opinion.
    I have been wondering and of course worrying about JB also.

gordbentley
    Participant

at two months i went from 200 mg m w f, down to 100 mg m w f, third month i went down to 50 mg m w f. no change and no pain came back. 50 mg is pretty light on my tummy so its nice, but the bigger doses didnt give me much discomfort, more gut rot than anything cuz you cant eat for two hours after eating it. youve been going on 4 years so it gives me hope i can remain in remission which i got after only like a month and a bit. considering im still pain free on 50 mg you could try that. I started AP 7-8 months after symptoms started so i guess i was lucky to find this site in time as the pain was becoming quite alarming when i started. almost had to pull out a cane at the age of 23 :S that would have sucked big time.

BeatingRA
    Participant

@Time_of_my_Life wrote:

My question is Would it be just as beneficial to take 100mg of mino on a daily basis (7 days a week) instead of the 100mg twice a day on MWF? The reason I ask is because I occasionally forget that 2nd dose in the evenings. It would be so much easier for me if I could just take the 100mg daily in the mornings so that I wouldn’t forget. Is there anyone else that does 100mg 7 days a week? I will also ask Dr. S about doing this. I am just curious if anyone else is on the schedule I mention.

Hi Lori,

Nice to hear from you and that you are doing so well. I have been on mino for 5 years next month. I started off at 100mg twice daily but it was too much for me and I reduced it to 200mg MWF. I think I’ve been at that dose for 3 years now. I have also been thinking about reducing the dose some because I too frequently forget the 2nd dose in the evenings. I agree with Lynne that it’s good to give your body a break so have been thinking 100mg MWF or 100mg M-F but haven’t done it yet. I have an appointment with my AP doctor next week and think I will make a decision after that.

Theresa

edited to add – I also wonder about JB and how she is doing. I miss her posts.

carries
    Participant

Hi! Are all of you on brand name of minocin. Generic worked for me the first year…then after a year i seem to be going down hill again. Not sure if herxing or DILE???

Time_of_my_Life
    Participant

Thanks all for your suggestions. I am going to try dropping to 100mg MWF and see how I do. I have also emailed Dr. S to get his input. You all are the best!

Lori

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.