Home Forums General Discussion Mino, more or less?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    Participant

Hi all. Still looking for relief for my daughters wrist and hand. She is taking 10 mg pred/day and 100 mg minocin/day. Did not take either on Monday and felt bad Tuesday. Decided to try Lynnies suggestion and do washout of mino. Did not take any mino Monday thru today (Thursday) and has horrible pain and swelling in wrist/hand. Cannot even use it at work. Could it be because she’s not taking the mino? Only missed Monday on the pred so we thought it couldn’t be that, or could it take time for the body to get back to “normal”, even tho normal was not great. Any insights would really help right now! Thank you.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Grace – sorry she’s still not doing well.

It is good to add or subtract one thing at a time – i.e. I would not have stopped both mino and pred together on one day. It will be very hard to estimate what effect is from what action. And one shouldn’t stop taking any steroid drug like that, as the body is not producing its own. You have to wean off it. Lots of info available on this on the net.
    Your daughter is only just over halfway through a week’s washout and the half life of mino will mean it is still in the body. If it IS mino dosage related a week should give you a good indication. Alot of this is trial and error.
    If it were me, I’d go hard on detoxing to help get that inflammation down. And she could try a vegetable/fruit juice fast also – many people find them helpful in getting inflammation down. Search fasting on the forum and especially Dragonslayer’s posts re this.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Grace
    Participant

Lynnie,
    Thanks so much. Actually she went overnite and forgot her meds. We’ve heard how bad it is to stop pred like that, but we were not sure if that could have caused such a reaction days later. Never thought stopping mino for a few days would give this reaction either. Now we’re wondering if maybe she’s not getting enough mino because this is the worst her ra has ever been. But 200mg /day seems so high. What a balancing act this is! Your suggestion sounds good about the detox. Since its the weekend, we’ll give that a try. Juicing sounds great. Will search dragonslayers posts to get more info. Thank you again for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.