Home Forums General Discussion Mino in

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

Is Minocin antiviral?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Luck20
    Participant

I don’t believe so, but there are herbs that are. I like tinctures such as Isatis, Lomatium, Usnea and Angelica. They can all be bought as tinctures and added to water you drink as you take other pills.
    I buy Montana Farmacy brand.

Also, Jergigan Nutraceuticals makes herbal formulas that fight both virus’ and bacteria. You can buy their herbal tinctures online. I’ve been reading about them and their Bioligix Center for the last year. They claim to help the hardest health patients with things such as lyme, so that draws my interest.

I like having a backup plan in case I need to change the brand of minocycline or something stops working. I really believe addressing bacteria and virus’ with herbs can be a powerful addition to AP treatment.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Maz
    Keymaster

If you go to Pubmed and run a search on ”minocycline and antiviral” you will find a slew of studies that have revealed that minocycline has effects on a number of viruses.

In the Scammell book, Brown also mentions that rheumatic patients on tetras have surprisingly few colds due to these properties.

If you’re thinking about Coronavirus, here are some interesting articles stating that quercetin and chloroquine (anti-malarial) also have effects against it.

What are the best coronavirus treatments?

A made-in-Canada solution to the coronavirus outbreak?

Luck20
    Participant

Maz,

That’s so good to hear! I didn’t realize that. I’ll have to look it up. That would be a great argument for patients to present doctors to get on minocycline. 🙂

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Linda L
    Participant

Yes, I was thinking about Coronavirus. It looks that anti malarian drugs treat so many diseases.References to malaria are found throughout recorded history beginning in the first millennium BCE in Greece and China /Wikipedia/
    It has been treated with quinine for thousands of years. It is zoonotic disease like Coronavirus. What if it is still malaria and its mutations?

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.