Home Forums General Discussion MICROLACTIN … Anti Inflammatory / Anti Auto Immune

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyMax
    Participant

Hi,

Haven’t posted for a while, I do check stuff now and again, but haven’t had anything really to add to the forum, but have to bring your attention to this product.

I was looking for a product for my dog. She is very old now with back leg issues and was looking for something to maybe help her get around better. Someone on one of the dog forums brought this to my attention. I had never heard of it, but started researching it and finding out how much it was capable of doing.

I purchased this for my dog and the human version for myself a few months ago. I have a really bad back, still pretty strong, but due to practically all my lumbar bulging, I have nerve pain issues. I had been on lots of opiates for the pain, both Fentanyl 100 mcg and Oxcycodone 90 mg daily before starting this product. A few months later I only take 30mg Oxy a day. My dog has much better mobility also, took a few years of wear and tear off her spine and legs.

Now, not only is this product probably the best anti inflammatory product on the market, BUT, it also has ‘Anti Auto Immune properties. Some studies on both RA and Lupus have shown benefits in holding off the progression of these.

Basically, Microlactin is a special milk protein concentrate from hyperimmunized cows. There has been a lot of research on this for many years and apparently it is paying off, it has many beneficial properties that may help people with a number of issue. this link is a brief overview of the product. The animal product is called Duralactin, the human is called Microlactin, both are identical, but the Duralactin is a chewy, Vanilla flavored product, the other only a pill to swallow.

I hope this information will be helpful to some of you. I ran a search of this forum and nothing came up for this product, so decided to add it. It is made by a few companies, NOW Nutrition has it from what I heard, but at the time I purchased it from Swanson Vitamins. I bought the double strength 1000mg, but they are really horse pills,so you may want to just get the regular 500mg.

Read this and do further research to see if it can be helpful for your health. Good luck!

http://www.duralactin.com/pdfs/Duralactin%20Pharmacology.pdf

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Very interesting!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Very interesting indeed, Johnny, thanks for posting.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Linda L
    Participant

I wonder if it works because of calcium or vaccinations. What strength were you taking? Excellent reviews on iHerb, but they have discontinued this product. Very interesting.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Nice to see you again and hope you are well!

This product sounds very similar to bovine colostrum in terms of its source and the immunopeptides it contains. The only differences I can discern are that bovine colostrum (if good quality) is harvested from cows during the 4-6 hours post-partum and Microlactin is harvested with a wider time frame of 4 weeks after the birth of a calf well after whole milk is being produced. Also, that the cows have been hyper immunized for the purpose of conferring exogenous and endogenous immunity in its formulation and bovine colostrum preparations lean more to organically raised cattle as a source (hence, endogenous immunity only). Lactose has been removed in the Microlactin, but no mention of casein, which might be an issue for those who are dairy intolerant. On the other hand, the product might be so beneficial as to offset this issue….one purpose of taking these products being to help heal the tight junctions of the gut to alleviate gut permeability.

You’re an avid researcher, so may already know this, but it might still interest you to hear the opinion of a GI expert on how pain medications worsen leaky gut and perpetuate the pain cycle. Healing the gut can go a long way to healing chronic pain and it’s interesting that naturopathic practitioners have been saying this for some time and that now medical experts are saying same.

http://www.msnbc.com/thomas-roberts/watch/pollen-tsunamis-slam-the-northeast-442245699941

How exciting that you’ve been helped so greatly by this product! Thank you for sharing your find and wishing you (and your pooch, of course!) continued good health.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.