Home Forums General Discussion Microbes and Antibiotics The Economist Magazine Cover Story

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    notabene
    Participant

The cover story of this week’s Economist discusses microbes in the human body. Several statements are interesting, and should resonate with all of us on this board.

“This week we take a summer break from the news agenda to delve into an area of scientific discovery that is transforming the idea of the human body. People, it turns out, are not just people, but ecosystems made up of bacteria as well: there are 10 trillion human cells in a person, and 100 trillion bacteria from several hundred species. This revolution in our understanding of how we work may have a profound effect on the treatment of a wide range of diseases, from diabetes through multiple sclerosis to autism.”

“Two other areas look promising. One is more sophisticated deployment of the humble antibiotic, arguably the pharma industry

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I posted this a long time ago so I am not sure if you saw it.Most interesting.
    http://www.miller-mccune.com/science-environment/bacteria-r-us-23628/#

notabene
    Participant

Hi over here Lynne/Christine-

A very interesting article. Quite right, you posted it before I was diagnosed and before I discovered Team Inspire and Roadback.

The Economist article adds the research by Dr. Jeremy Nicholson, and most importantly in my mind, gives my favorite quote of the day:

“One is more sophisticated deployment of the humble antibiotic, arguably the pharma industry

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Nancy,

This is an interesting article, especially to followers of Dr. Brown.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.