Home Forums General Discussion Mesotherapy Injections & Urine Therapy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

I found this Meso work last Summer….I could hardly walk after gettiing out of bed in the mornings…This was after a hip replacement in late 2010…..everything in my body structure went downhill. Some mornings I thought I”d have to get down on all 4’s to get to the bathroom. This is NO MORE.

I was skeptical but becoming more and more confident with Meso for SO MANY conditions including RA. It’s certainly not a quick fix, what is? But slow and no side effects and it works in REVERSING the psychology of our conditions.

I continue with it in my second year and now getting injections every 2 weeks….last set of injections was about 100 in many body parts….shoulders, back, knees, ankles…..

The rheumy I go to says, don’t give up on these, they WORK.

If you do a search of Mesotherapy and Rheumatoid Arthritis you will find a lot of info. I just did and thought I’d share this Meso work again. jam

richie
    Participant

Hi–The most glaring thing that stood out was the long list of side effects –why not use an antibiotic which certainly has a better track record ??–For instance were you aware of the many studies using doxycycline to treat OA –results have been good —
    richie

richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

I don’t know that you meant this for the Meso post…..

I tried Doxy some yrs back MWF 100 mg per day as I recall…and into 3rd month I was getting clump of hair
    coming out of my head….

So I stopped the abx for OA and FM.

I do a lot of herbs and the Meso is helping reduce PAIN….

Structurally with spinal stenosis and sponydlothesis, exercise, stretching, ice and heat and topicals are my
    treatments…..

I’ve read a lot of reviews on Meso and yes negatives and positives, and for me I’m finding nothing negative….it’s a not a cure, but what is….homeopathy is slow and it can help “reverse” conditions with time…..that’s my understanding of homeopathy and I use it in other forms too: topical gels and tablets…Calms Forte’ is homeopathic and a great sleep and stress calmer…I’ve used Calms for many years and can’t imagine being without it…..

jaminhealth
    Participant

I’m not saying stop ABX, just showing another avenue of healing. It’s not like I haven’t tried doxy..

richie
    Participant

The Roadback Foundation is an advocacy for the use of antibiotic in the treatment of rheumatic diseases based on the initial work of Dr Brown and others subsequent -I would think folks come to this site to learn of the benefits of utilizing antibiotic in their treatment —Obviously there are many other avenues such as biologics and others however I would think folks would b e well served to learn how to use other things as an adjunct to antibiotic not how to avoid antibiotic –I was deathly ill with diffuse scleroderma about 13 years ago- due to the antibiotic I am just fine now -that is why I post here —if it helped me it can certainly help many many other people –I feel very strongly about this !!!!–
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

I know you feel strongly and I’m SO GLAD the abx has really worked for you. But why not some adjunct healing thinking too.

I no doubt would feel exactly as you, given the dx and now with such a recovery…Probably 25 yrs ago I met a friend of a friend here in CA who was probably mid 40’s at the time and she had SD….I had not a clue about it and at that time I was so healthy, had back issues, but nothing like today. I don’t know what she took medication wise, but she passed about 10 yrs ago I had heard. So yes, I guess it can be deadly.

Krys
    Participant

@richie wrote:

The Roadback Foundation is an advocacy for the use of antibiotic in the treatment of rheumatic diseases based on the initial work of Dr Brown and others subsequent -I would think folks come to this site to learn of the benefits of utilizing antibiotic in their treatment —Obviously there are many other avenues such as biologics and others however I would think folks would b e well served to learn how to use other things as an adjunct to antibiotic not how to avoid antibiotic –I was deathly ill with diffuse scleroderma about 13 years ago- due to the antibiotic I am just fine now -that is why I post here —if it helped me it can certainly help many many other people –I feel very strongly about this !!!!–
    richie

Touche!!! Very appropriate reminder!

Jam, less than 3 months of doxy 100mg MWF is hardly enough to show whether the treatment would have helped you if you stuck with it longer.
    After an almost a year of very heavy duty herbal antimicrobials, when I started abx I was herxing for a few months, at times very intensely and scarily. I am very glad I stuck with the treatment. Like you, I love all the natural treatments and part of me would like to try those only. During 2 times I had to suspend abx, I did all kinds of natural treatments (and I DO tend to do things intensely!) but I slid down a lot and lost a lot of ground I had gained with abx.
    You are very sweet and generous wanting to share your experiences, and I myself enjoy and appreciate your posts a lot. But it is true that people who turn to RBF seek help involving the use of abx for rheumatic diseases, so keeping adjuncts as adjuncts is most appropriate! 😉

“Clumps of hair coming out” certainly could be helped with adjunct treatments, though abx in conjunction with herbal, ACV rinse, etc. stopped that problem for me and I even grew back the most luxuriantly thick hair ever! The problem resurfaced for me again a few months ago (after a break from abx) and this time around it was due to circulation problems (abx, detox and diet have helped a lot), symptoms pointing to Sjogren’s, and malabsorption. It is almost reversed again, thanks to resuming abx and using many adjunct treatments at the same time.
    My old osteoarthritis problems in my hips that kept very slowly progressing in spite of excellent Tibetan medication taken for years, are ALL gone due to heavy abx Lyme protocol: what a surprise and what a delight! I had never expected that to happen. I am not healed of Lyme yet, but my osteoarthritis has been completely gone for over a year now! 🙂

Jam, if you read some of my posts, you could have noticed that not having any deep understanding of abx, I very rarely write about them. I bring up adjuncts all the time: acupuncture, herbals, natural anti-inflammatories, diet, mudras, massage. I even mentioned a couple of time urine therapy, coffee enemas, using essential oils on acupressure points that could work as abx, etc. I don’t know much about homeopathy, but I believe it could be enough to bring back health if followed very strictly (lots of NO-s: no coffee, no certain toothpastes, etc), especially in very initial stages of the disease. I had tried herbals (in mega dose amounts), diet, massage, Reiki, vibrational healing, spiritual healing, shamanistic healing, acupuncture and my symptoms were very very slowly and daily progressing. Some were disappearing, that’s true, too.
    I turned to RBF to help me find AP treatment and I am very grateful that RBF exists and advocates the use of abx for rheumatic diseases. I use AP as my main mode of treatment and I also use lots of adjuncts.
    If instead of directing me to an AP doc and then supporting me on my AP, I had been directed to try out something else instead of abx, I would have felt betrayed and RBF would have no value to me.

Richie is so right to bring it up again: additional therapies are often very helpful as adjuncts to AP, but let’s remember that this site is devoted to AP. Those who come to RBF are choosing to treat their rheumatic diseases with AP, so it’s good to remember to offer adjuncts as support to AP, not instead of AP. And we have to be careful NOT to push even our most beloved adjuncts onto others, after all it is the site devoted to AP for rheumatic diseases. It certainly applies to me, too: I keep bringing up diet and detox all the time!
    Warm wishes, Krys

jaminhealth
    Participant

Krys, thanks for your comments….

I would not be on this board had I not tried doxy, I don’t even know if OA is autoimmune. The author of Rheumatoid Arthritis, The Infection Connection urged me to try doxy….for OA and the FM issues…..I don’t think either are autoimmune. But I could be wrong. Growing that clump of hair back, don’t know…..

The only reason I posted again about Meso is the info from the MD in Chicago who wrote about Meso and RA.

Again, I’m not trying to replace abx merely mentioning another one too.

I don’t know, manybe many are getting help with Meso and RA….I don’t know….I see my rheumy this week and I’ll mention
    Meso and RA to her…I’m curious….

cavalier
    Participant

In response to OA I found this explanation interesting –
    The immune system does play a role in osteoarthritis. It is triggered by tissue damage and causes a chemical called prostaglandins to be released resulting in pain, warmth, and swelling. This is different from rheumatoid arthritis, which is caused by a misdirected immune response causing the body to attacks itself. – from – http://www.sharecare.com/question/does-immune-system-with-osteoarthritis

Of course there is more to why the body attacks itself as to the cause…
    Best – Jill SD, Lyme & Bartonella

richie
    Participant

I didnt have any fatigue lift until 4-6 months after starting the antibiotic –All told it took about 4–6 years for me to be all better –so you can understand if I feel that 3 months or so is not much of an effort and certainly a weak commitment –This focus and belief starts with the doctor –you have a fabulous doctor who uses antibiotic in I think Riverside Ca. –he has shown tremendous success in treating folks —
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

Started on a series of acupuncture with my rheumy yesterday…and after 1 session I felt a shift in stiffness in lower back….she uses electric stim with needles and heat lamp for more aggressive and effective results….

Had the BEST night’s sleep last night….I’m certainly not out of the woods, but am HOPEFUL now with acupuncture along with Meso Injections. jam

jaminhealth
    Participant

Krys: Urine Therapy has come up on another group…I’ve heard about this probably 20 yrs ago and it intrigued me but I never pursued it….now thinking of the Joints and this therapy.

Shirley’s Wellness Cafe has a lot of info on this topic…and there are many other sites too.

I continue with Meso and it does give me relief, so will have another session today. Acupuncture too is helping….

But how about the Urine Therapy? Some sites talk about RA also and this therapy. jam

Some info on Urine Therapy:

Don’t take this therapy lightly. Multiple sclerosis, colitis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, hepatitis, hyperactivity, pancreatic insufficiency, psoriasis, eczema, diabetes, herpes, mononucleosis, adrenal failure, allergies and so many other ailments have been relieved through use of this therapy. After you overcome your initial gag response (I know I had one), you will realize that something big is going on, and if you are searching for health, this is an area to investigate. There are numerous reports and double blind studies which go back to the turn of the century supporting the efficacy of using urine for health.

laurawm
    Participant

Hi friends,

My contribution to this wandering discussion is to say that just about every negative reaction I have had to ABX has been a herx, including major hair loss, which has now subsided after four months of pulling large handfuls of hair out of my head every time I touched it. We do detox through our hair folicles. Second, my thoughts after reading briefly on urine therapy is that it works similarly to the autohematherapy I have tried (where my own blood was injected back into me) by stimulating a healing immune response to the toxins/bacteria in my blood/body. I found this on a website which was a helpful explanation:

How does urine therapy work?

The small amount of toxins that are found in urine are not abundant enough to be toxic to the body. When you drink your own urine, it does not go directly to the blood stream. First it goes into the digestive system where its ingredients are sorted out. Then, the useful ingredients are recycled while the toxins are rejected. When the level of toxins becomes too high, the toxins stimulate the intestines into flushing themselves out to eliminate any stagnated excrements accumulated in the colon. Although we could probably filter out the toxins before drinking the urine, the toxins are needed because they stimulate a cleansing reaction in the body. Urine, which remember, is a byproduct of our blood, becomes more purified the more it is recycled. Thus, the cleaner the blood is, the cleaner the urine is, and vice-versa. And this is how urine therapy advocates conclude that urine therapy has a cleansing effect on the blood.

A closer look at the details:

The toxins of urine are also necessary to vaccinate and protect the body from future illnesses. The main theory behind urine therapy after all, isn?t that it straight out cures diseases, but instead, it is geared more towards building immunity to diseases, much like vaccinations. The small amounts of possibly toxic substances which can be found in urine largely seem to have a positive effect on the immune system. An important task of the immune system is to rid the human body of diseased or unusable substances that have developed during the course of an illness, and when these substances reach healthy tissue, the blood becomes stronger, the activity of leukocytes (white blood cells) increases, and the patient probably recovers. This phenomenon is known as auto-inoculation or self-vaccination and can be seen as mother nature’s method of healing an illness without external intervention. Urine therapy, therefore, can be seen as a form of self-vaccination: certain bodily substances which have been removed from the body, some of which may have been produced as a result of illness, are re-introduced into the body in small amounts. These substances are re-absorbed into the blood through either the intestines or the skin, and the immune system is then given the chance to react appropriately.

Also, it might be helpful in this thread to have a brief explanation as to what mesotherapy injections are/how they work? I like learning about adjunct therapies and I believe most regular readers know the purpose of this site and can discern if someone is being pushy – though it is important to remember that those beginning treatment are like a sponge eager to find hope in anything other than the dismal offerings of mainstream rheumatology – I certainly was at this time last year, and it was this eagerness plus a bad integrative doctor that sent me in the wrong direction for several months – it was you all that have brought me back to center and once I am well, I promise I will be thanking you all for my life. Literally.

Merry Christmas,
    Laura

richie
    Participant

What medicine is being used in the mesotherapy shots jamin ???
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

Thanks for the Urine T explanation, I will re-read it and read more on Shirley’s site….

I just came in from my 2nd Meso injections, had one last Wed and prior I hadn’t had any for 2 months as I was concentrating on acupuncture.

My rheumy likes to use both protocols, she is not a conventional rheumy, very holistic oriented, but she has suggested a couple times Epidurals for my spine, but I can’t do them….Just don’t feel like the “right” thing to do.

She uses solutions of Traumeel, B12 and Procaine (which wears off in a short time)….She normally does about 70 or more quick jabs all over my body which is full of pain from OA and FM and bursitis and lordy knows what else….

Homeopathy is very interesting and I’ve used it off and on for years and do use some topicals and a sleep aid and some arnica tablets etc…..I considered homeopathy years ago but just couldn’t seem to come up with the money to really get into it.

And these two protocols DO HELP, was a mess after hip replacement 2 yrs ago. These protocols are keeping me from back surgery which I’m sure a surgeon would love to perform…

Laura, when I tried doxy for 3 months, I had a clump of hair come out and so I quit…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.