Home Forums General Discussion MCC950 – New Drug in Development for Inflammatory Diseases

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Scientists identify drug that could block multiple sclerosis

Tests reveal remedy could also halt diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and alzheimer

Linda L
    Participant

Funny, how different countries refer the new discoveries to their own scientists. I have noticed this pattern many times.
    It doesn’t matter to us patients after all and the researches are made in many countries at the same time.

Posted 17 Feb 2015, 11:11am
    Queensland discovery could be the key to improved treatments for diseases like Alzheimer’s, arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

Scientists at the University of Queensland worked with an international team to develop a molecule that fights one of the main causes of inflammatory diseases, a breakthrough researchers say could lead to safer and cheaper treatments.

Professor Matt Cooper, from the University’s Institute for Molecular Bioscience, said the molecule known as MCC950 could help prevent inflammation in immune cells

Still when I read about it LDN comes to my mind which stops MS and other autoimmune diseases in its tracks.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

@Linda L wrote:

Funny, how different countries refer the new discoveries to their own scientists. I have noticed this pattern many times.

Hi Linda,

The study was published in Nature Medicine, a preclinical medical journal, and is described as being led by both researchers at Trinity in Ireland and at the Uni of Queensland, Australia….so sounds like a joint team effort between the two institutions. You’re right that it just depends on what article you’re reading as to which way it’s skewed!

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-02/tcd-sum021315.php

Rockync7
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

It doesn’t matter to us patients after all and the researches are made in many countries at the same time.

Posted 17 Feb 2015, 11:11am
    Queensland discovery could be the key to improved treatments for diseases like Alzheimer’s, arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

Scientists at the University of Queensland worked with an international team to develop a molecule that fights one of the main causes of inflammatory diseases, a breakthrough researchers say could lead to safer and cheaper treatments.

Professor Matt Cooper, from the University’s Institute for Molecular Bioscience, said the molecule known as MCC950 could help prevent inflammation in immune cells

Still when I read about it LDN comes to my mind which stops MS and other autoimmune diseases in its tracks.
    Linda L.

What is LDN?

Maz
    Keymaster

@Rockync7 wrote:

What is LDN?

LDN= low dose naltrexone. My doc in Berlin uses it. It can be a helpful adjunct for some but I didn’t experience much help from it, personally. Perhaps if Linda is using it with success, she can share her experience of it. Seems some people receive benefit and others not so much.

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

Linda L
    Participant

I purchased 1mg LDN tablets a while ago but didn’t try it. About a week ago when I was in a big pain and desperate to do something I took 1mg at night and didn’t experience anything. The following night I took 2mg and woke up at 3 am. I noticed immediately that I felt SOOO good. I didn’t feel any pain and breathing was so deep and clear. I turned my body many times from one side to the other to check tat and didn’t feel any pain. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t feel like that many, many months. First I even wanted to wake up everybody at home and tell them that I was feeling so good. Then I stood up and went to the bathroom without any frame, sticks, help. I felt so happy. In the morning it was back to normal = pain and it was the day when AP doctor suggested I increase Mino to 100mg twice a day every day. So I stopped LDN for now /should I? I don’t know, maybe I should continue it/ So now it is 3 days since I increased Mino and I am in a bigger pain than before, but I hope that maybe it’s Herx and I will feel better after that…? Still I cannot forget that night.
    The rest: please see the topic “High dose of Mino – please help”.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

BellaB
    Participant

I am a very inexperienced person when compared to the rest of the people on this forum – – only fyi. I was introduced to Naltrexone by an very experienced retired Gastrointestinologist on a hiking vacation. His opinion of Naltrexone was that it was one of the safest drugs you can take (very few side effects so why not try it attitude..) Simplistically speaking he described it as a temporary endorphin blocker that is taken at bed time (as your body makes it’s endorphins at night) and if your receptor sites are temporarily blocked artificially, your brain says “hey we don’t have enough endorphins in production” and your brain ramps up your own production of them. Perhaps this was his layman’s explanation to me, but his opinion was that I could take Natrexone with anything (my methotrexate, plaquenil, etc.) and that it had the least side effects and might improve my pain, I have had a so – so response from it, but know of others who responded more positively to it- (I was also in process of changing other medications and it was a hard time to track what was working and what wasn’t, and starting AP.)

BellaB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.