Home Forums General Discussion Mat, how goes the battle?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marg
    Participant

HI Mat, just wondering how things are going out west? Haven’t seen a post for awhile.
    marg

matv
    Participant

It goes very ..slowly.

I -just- got hired at Shaw Communications here in Victoria (hooray!) so I’m in an intense training program right now. (It’s a sit down job so that should help)

The past 3 to 4 days ever since I’ve regularly been working, I’ve noticed my consistent antibiotic treatments I’m either forgetting to take them or ..not at all, which is not good. But I see my LLND this upcoming Saturday because my clarythromycin is almost out. In terms of herxing. It’s weird. Ever since I’ve started Clarythromycin and doing Doxy twice a day, and even the NAC, I have not gotten that many herxheimer reactions. I wonder if that’s because me pulsing my Doxy to M-W-F the past few months, if I do have any bugs (which, btw, was a clinical diagnosis, there’s no concrete proof that my problem IS lyme..though there is some evidence that suggests it might be with some co-infections) then maybe it’s put the little critters in defensive mode and they’re ..yeah, just not susceptible to these drugs.

In terms of my arthritis, it’s gotten iffy the past few days because I haven’t been eating well. I’m in a weird transitional stage with my employment which is causing me a bit of stress, which in turn is also making me not very..diligent in keeping up with my healthy eating.

I went to a Lyme meeting last month, and we had a naturopath speak which was really cool, bouncing more ideas off of everyone. It’s cool that Naturopaths have prescribing rights in British Columbia, now. I’m thinking I may attempt a daily regimen of Serratiopeptidase and curcumin to start going after biofilm and what not.

I saw my rheumatologist who I pretty much concluded was completely against AP, even if he gave me doxycycline for no other reason other than “people do better”. When I told him I pulsed my dosage to M-W-F twice a day, he was pretty upset. “There’s no studies that suggest that helps” .. I wanted to tell him he’s wrong but I knew he wouldn’t accept that. He’d have preferred I do it 7 days a week, once a day at that point. I told him that I started changing my diet which he said he was also not an advocate of. I didn’t tell him about my supplement usage to enhance my immune system, because I knew he would have freaked out. He was mostly astounded that I had improved in my arthritis so fast, so dramatically since I last saw him in January. “What ever’s working for you” he said.

Anyway that’s how I’m doing. I’m struggling financially (my bills are going to go past due until I get money) but once my pay cheques start rolling in I’ll be slightly better off.

Anyway that’s how I’m doing. Thanks for asking. 🙂

marg
    Participant

Wow!! Great news that you got a job you’re happy with. Way to go!! You’re right that many things will fall into place once you get the $$ coming in.

These are busy, chaotic days from the sounds of it – but I just know that when this settles, which won’t be long, you’ll get back into good routines with your food and meds. Imagine your doctor seeing how improved you are. Keep it up and he’ll have to admit you’re doing something right!!

Thanks for answering as I was getting a bit anxious. Let us know here and there how you’re doing.
    marg

matv
    Participant

I’ve been lurking around the forum the past week or two, but I haven’t had much to say or to add, basically I do some searches to see if what I’m doing is good or bad (Mushrooms for instance, I did a search yesterday to see if it’s a generally bad idea.. while there was only one post that said it was bad .. fungus, bacteria good or bad, and yeast all are bad, but that doesn’t sound natural to me. We’re all going to have at least some of everything in our bodies, at least that’s how I see it)

Thanks for caring 🙂 I’m going to see if I can get Kate out, maybe organize a get together for the next lyme meeting or something.. I don’t know. Kate, if you see this, your thoughts?

kater
    Participant

Hi Mat
    great to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing and if you made it to the Lyme meeting. I would really like to hear your thoughts on that doc off record. That is wonderful you got a job–sitting down and I think they pay well so that is awesome! Well done! I think it may help you if you got a pen and paper and made a drug/food /supplement timetable that fits in with your new job schedule. When all is said and done perhaps the structure and routine will probably help you get on track. I plan to go to the next Lyme meeting. Do you know our LLND does appointments by Skype? I am doing that this Friday as it costs so much to travel there every time. He sends the lab orders and everything by email. Let me know if I can do anything to helpya out
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

matv
    Participant

Dr. C mentioned skype consults but I’d rather see him in person, to be honest, because it gives me a reason to spend the day in Vancouver.

I just got an e-mail about the next lyme meeting which is June 26th 6-8pm at Four Mile pub as well. Would you want to meet before that? (that’s my subtle way of asking if I could hitch a ride 😆 )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.