Home Forums General Discussion Massage

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Jo,

Very interesting information.

Happy days!

Patti

JOJO19551
    Participant

I am having problems with fluid in my legs/ankles due to A.  scleroderma, B.  the calcium channel blocker also makes puffy ankles.  I tried accupuncture for months and found it of no help.  I also get massages and find them somewhat helpful, but can get expensive.  My insurance will not pay for them under any circumstance.  I just bought a foot/leg massager, for less than $300, which massages the foot and leg to the knee.  I can use it as many times in a day as I want.  The goal for me is keep the fluid from becoming fibrotic, so I use it at least one hour per day.  JoAnn

Patti D
    Participant

Thank you Joann

What is the name of that massage machine and where did you purchase?

Patti

JOJO19551
    Participant

http://www.footsmart.com/C-Foot-Leg-Massagers-116.aspx

This foot massager works very well.  JoAnn

Jo
    Participant

[user=514]JOJO19551[/user] wrote:

http://www.footsmart.com/C-Foot-Leg-Massagers-116.aspx

This foot massager works very well.  JoAnn

oooooooo… I want one of those for My Mr Perfect.

Thank You very much.

Jo

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Jo

Maz,

Did you look at this foot massager? it looks pretty nice:)

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Maz,

Did you look at this foot massager? it looks pretty nice:)

Hi Patti,

Yes! I tried one in Brookstones…not the same but a similar-looking model, as I was thinking about treating myself….but…ohhhhhhhhhh…so painful!!!!  The ball action inside the massage sleeve just killed my feet and legs. Might be a good idea to try one out at Brookstones before investing…if you have a store near?

JoAnn,

So happy you love your model…does yours have those pool ball-sized balls that do the massaging or is the mechanism a bit gentler? I just got such a shock when I started the machine that I was frantically looking for the off button to get my legs out quick. :roll-laugh: I must have looked quite a sight!!!!

What would be great is if they made a water or gel type leg and foot massager like this for which you can adjust the pressure. If you think yours is a more gentle version than the Brookstone one, I might rethink this, too!

Peace, Maz

JOJO19551
    Participant

Maz, This works with discs and you can adjust the pressure.  It is really, really nice.  I am a fairly simplistic person with gadgets but I love this!!  JoAnn

Patti D
    Participant

Hi  JoAnn & Maz,

We don't have a Brookstones that i know of so I will google, no problem. I also like the idea of a gel. I often said why don't they make a gel glove for your hand and a gel type sock that you can put on using heat or cold for pain. Maybe someone knows of this as well. Thanks again!

Happy days!

Patti

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Massage’ is closed to new replies.