Home Forums General Discussion Marshall Protocol/lyme Arthritis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ablegirl
    Participant

Hi everyone.

Just sat up late last night researching things on the internet. I have always dismissed Lyme Disease as a bit out there (if you know what I mean) but I am ashamed to say I have had a major rethink. I do not remember being bit by an insect it is quite possible that during my lifetime and childhood this happened. Of course it would only take a period of stress/emotional upset to compromise ones immune system which would allow pathogens to raise their heads. I was diagnosed 1997 and kept very well mostly in remission but a period of stress and a subsequent period of taking steroids changed all that. I went from suffering from very mild disease to raging severe within 6 weeks. I now think that the cortisone allowed the pathogens to spread. Steroids would be contra-indicated in Lyme (the cat was well and truly out of the bag). I am now back on Minocycline and believe even more in this therapy. Being in the Uk makes any treatment along the lines of a pathogen induced disease almost impossible to get treated especially if in my case it is a long way into the disease process. I am wondering if Minocin will be enough on its own as I have no access to a doctor to administer further antibiotics or treat me for Lyme even getting tested is impossible. I feel very in the dark and being in the UK is like being in the dark ages as to accessibility to anything other than mainstream conventional treatment.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Anyone had experience with the Marshall Protocol. Would taking Minocin be enough without identifying which pathogen is causing me trouble. Just as a side note my Mother suffered from Rheumatic fever as a child so I am thinking that a compromised then a drug immune suppressed system could have opened up a possible pathogen there.

Symptomatic
    Participant

I use a pseudo-MP approach, which I’ve posted about previously (so won’t regurgitate here).

I tested negative for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and a variety of other things. Nonetheless, my doc and I both feel there is some infectious agent at play.

Our view is: there are tons of bugs out there, many of which there aren’t yet tests for. We could spend a ton of time and money running tests, and still possibly not identify the pathogen.

Since we both agree there’s probably a pathogenic cause, and since identifying it likely wouldn’t change our path, we didn’t pursue further testing, and I started taking Mino. Later added Zith. (That’s on top of Benicar, LDN, and Homeo-KMAF (homeopathic Gc-MAF)).

Starting antibiotics without identifying the pathogen was absolutely the right call for me.

Best of luck to you!

Woods1977
    Participant

@ablegirl wrote:

Hi everyone.

Just sat up late last night researching things on the internet. I have always dismissed Lyme Disease as a bit out there (if you know what I mean) but I am ashamed to say I have had a major rethink. I do not remember being bit by an insect it is quite possible that during my lifetime and childhood this happened. Of course it would only take a period of stress/emotional upset to compromise ones immune system which would allow pathogens to raise their heads. I was diagnosed 1997 and kept very well mostly in remission but a period of stress and a subsequent period of taking steroids changed all that. I went from suffering from very mild disease to raging severe within 6 weeks. I now think that the cortisone allowed the pathogens to spread. Steroids would be contra-indicated in Lyme (the cat was well and truly out of the bag). I am now back on Minocycline and believe even more in this therapy. Being in the Uk makes any treatment along the lines of a pathogen induced disease almost impossible to get treated especially if in my case it is a long way into the disease process. I am wondering if Minocin will be enough on its own as I have no access to a doctor to administer further antibiotics or treat me for Lyme even getting tested is impossible. I feel very in the dark and being in the UK is like being in the dark ages as to accessibility to anything other than mainstream conventional treatment.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Anyone had experience with the Marshall Protocol. Would taking Minocin be enough without identifying which pathogen is causing me trouble. Just as a side note my Mother suffered from Rheumatic fever as a child so I am thinking that a compromised then a drug immune suppressed system could have opened up a possible pathogen there.

Hi… please don’t take this as advice, but when I went to see an Infectious Disese doctor a few days ago, I noticed he had numerous patients on Minocin for their Lyme… That said, maybe it’s something you want to think about. Again, I’m not trying to give medical advice, I’m just sharing information.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Abelgirl;
    My doctor started me on a modified version of MP which is so much easier,it’s called Chronic Illness Recovery protocol.
    After almost 15 years on AP my SD tries to come back if I stop for just a couple of weeks.My sister who was in worse shape than I ever was did (Lupus/Lyme/MCTD) and is off all meds after just 3 years.Docs think she is cured but only time will tell.Little Sis says that Benicar s definetely the answer.Since I can’t stop AP my doctor has me on reverse CIR which means I stay on my antibiotics and slowly raise the Benicar to around 100 to 120mg a day.I am now at 80 with no ill effects.BP did drop about 15 points and I did not feel it at all.Now it is slowly going back to just under my normal.I checked this theory out with the nurses on the CIR site and they think it is a very good idea to do it this way.Avoidence of light is not such a big issue with this protocol is but diet is.
    I need to update my protocol and will get around to doing it ….eventually,Lynne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.