Home Forums General Discussion Magnet or copper bracelets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tlpitts
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone here has tried either magnet or copper bracelets for pain??? Do they help?? How about magnet bedding??.

hi tlpitts, i havent tried the magnetic or copper bracelets. but did try the magnetic undelay @ one stage.i had to remove it from my bed as i felt worse for some reason ? – kind regards -di.

cavalier
    Participant

I’ve done all 3 u mentioned for a bit it seemed to help but then i hit a plateau & then seemed to slide downwards probably due to infectious disease behind much of my problems that marched on unaddressed.

Jill SD

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Teresa,
    @Tlpitts wrote:

I was wondering if anyone here has tried either magnet or copper bracelets for pain??? Do they help?? How about magnet bedding??.

Rather than wear a copper bracelet, I decided to take a copper supplement instead. Does it help? I don’t know for sure since I take lots of supplements; I continue to take it because I think it’s a good idea, especially since I take 44 mg of zinc (as zinc picolinate) every day for my prostate.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

@Tlpitts wrote:

Hi Teresa,

My Mum used to swear by her copper bracelet, a very old folk remedy, which she wore every day in spite of the skin staining it caused. She didn’t have RA – just mild arthritis in her wrists from aging. I remember doing a little reading on why copper bracelets may help arthritics and, though anecdotal, it’s believed that the copper salts are absorbed through the skin and that this has some effect. I also recall talking to my Dad, who was a veterinary surgeon. His specialty was pigs and, interestingly, he was working on mycoplasma infection in pigs in the 60s, which was well-known in causing chronic arthritis. While his approach was to treat the affected pigs with the animal abx, Tylosin, when he returned to one farm, the farmer had buried copper piping all around the pens of the affected pigs…the farmer swore up and down that it was the copper piping that had “cured” his pigs! My Dad was a pretty open-minded kind of guy and so he just shrugged his shoulders and said, “Well, if it works, it works!”

Dad also had severely arthritic knees due to osteoarthritis and lost all the cartilage in his knees. Being a big guy, this crippled him in his latter years and he refused to get joint replacements (fearing general anesthesia at his time of life). He tried everything for the pain from accupuncture to magnets in knee braces. He felt everything he tried had some palliative effect in various degrees, though not curative.

I guess as with most things, the proof of the pudding is in the eating…may work for some to help alleviate pain, but perhaps not everyone?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.