Home Forums General Discussion Magnesium

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matv
    Participant

What’s everyone’s opinion on Magnesium?

My body has been exhibiting some signs of a bit of deficiency toward it. The multi-vitamin I’m taking will give me about 100mg of it, but I was thinking of adding a supplement to my morning routine.

The only thing stopping me now is that I don’t know about the possibility of lyme in my mix of problems, and won’t until I go to an LLMD. I’ve read that magnesium is what’s fed upon by some of the bugs / co-infections to create biofilms. Should I be weary about supplementing at this time?

matv
    Participant

Sorry for posting / bumping, etc. I did a bit of research.

Seems that I’m not the only one with this concern. This gentleman had the same concern.

Other sources seem to conclude that the general population, lyme infected or not, still suffer from magnesium deficiency. So regardless of whether or not it feeds a bacteria’s biofilm, because it’s so important for our bodies to function, supplementation is also important.

..It’d be nice if my muscle twitching would stop because of it. (It started with an eye twitch, then a left ear drum vibration, but then turned into all-over twitching the moment I started taking Doxycycline in Jan)

jaminhealth
    Participant

I’ve been taking magnesium for years, I mostly take mag citrate….usually upwards of 600mg spread thru the day. I take more mag than calcium.

I read many years ago about mag deficiency in our population. Many have many deficiencies….I should say MOST.

Trudi
    Participant

I use magnersium oil–
    http://www.ancient-minerals.com/products/magnesium-oil/

My LLMD had me on magnesium supplements, but I got diarrhea with it. This method prevents that.

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

jaminhealth
    Participant

I use mag oil spray on various joints, I get it from swansons.

I don’t get loose bowels usually as I’ve had a history of the “other”….

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Trudi,
    @Trudi wrote:

My LLMD had me on magnesium supplements, but I got diarrhea with it. This method prevents that.

What kind of magnesium were you taking, and how much/often were you taking it?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Phil–
    It was this brand: http://www.perque.com/pdfs/PERQUE-Mg-MAGNESIUM-Plus-Guard.pdf and 4x a day.
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.