Home Forums General Discussion lymphatic massage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kali
    Participant

Here is some good information on lymph massage. This looks like a great option to add to detox methods as well as pain management and immune boosting.
    I’m going for one today as my lymph glands have been terribly swollen. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

http://massagenerd.com/pdf_massage_ebooks/Lymph_Drainage_Massage_Ryan_Hoyme_.pdf

Healing to all,
    Kali

Parisa
    Participant

Kali,

Red root tincture can be a good support for the lymphatic system.

kali
    Participant

Hi All,
    I did get some much needed relief with the lymph massage. My lymph system has been very FIRED up! I had a very good therapist. She was finding all the areas where I had lymph congestion and most of the time they were areas where I had been experiencng pain. She also asked me about my trouble spots and cleared the pathways in those areas as well. I had the massage at 2:30 and as the evening went on I experienced a greater sense of well being and much less pain in my neck, shoulder and jaw – which is where most of my pain is. This morning I woke up with a cough and drainage in my throat. This is not usual for me and is a good sign she has opened something up! This therapist uses the Chikly Method and says she has seen some remarkable things happen with lymphatic massage. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://chiklyinstitute.org/

Kali

Krys
    Participant

@kali wrote:

..lymph massage…a great option to add to detox methods as well as pain management and immune boosting.
    Kali

Yes, indeed!!!
    How lovely that you’ve found it and that it worked so fast for you!

I think that everyone would benefit, even from just plain massage on a regular basis.
    In fact, Stephen Harrod Buhner in “Healing Lyme” recommends Swedish massage on an ongoing basis and stresses its importance in getting well again. He also recommends Red Root tincture (for swollen lymph nodes) that Parisa mentioned.

I’ve done all kinds of massage, though no Swedish and no strictly lymph. When most of the muscles in my body were locked up in pain, I did 3 different types of massage a week until the issue resolved. And it did. Then I made a point of having a short series of massage every 8 weeks or so. They always helped, but I usually felt very tired the next day and much better 2 days later.
    Your post has reminded me that I have not done any in months now and as I’m checking right now, my lymph nodes at the back of my head and neck are very tender and enlarged. Craniosacral therapy and Reiki help a lot, but I think that physical manipulation is still best for those things. It IS time then to have a massage! I’ll see if there is any lymphatic drainage massage available close to me. Would be nice to see first hand how it works.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Jeanne M
    Participant

Massage has helped me with my healing. I started getting them when diagnosed in 2006 with AS, approx every 2 weeks, for the past 6 years. They helped me so much, I am now a Certified Massage Therapist.

kali
    Participant

Thank you guys for the feedback and I will certainly read up on the red root tincture that Parisa and Krys have mentioned.
    Krys – I am glad to hear you are going to book an appointment! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Jeanne – way to go to turn around and help others heal now! ๐Ÿ˜€

So, today is Friday and I had my lymphatic drainage massage on Wednesday.
    -The first day I felt an energy boost and lessened pain. I had this feeling of a burden being lightened in my body. The lead feeling was diminished and I was almost walking with a spring in my step.
    -Thursday was a whole different story. As the day went on I became more flu-like and started coughing and sniffing and I even felt winded when walking. I had taken a dose of mino in the morning – so I’m sure that was doing it’s thing too. But this was worse than usual. I thought I was really coming down with the flu or a bad cold. Pain in my neck was still improved – but I was still very sore in certain areas where there is a high concentration of lymph nodes – breast and armpits as well as right behind my ear
    -Today, Friday, I feel better overall. I am not herxing like I normally would be from yesterdays dose of Mino. The pain and stiffness in my neck is much improved and the soreness I usually have in my trapezius area is pretty non-existent. I still have a scratchy throat and a little cough – but the feeling of being ‘sick’ has passed.
    I have come out of this feeling like I gave my clogged up immune system a great deal of support. The therapist described our lymph system like a sewer and once it gets clogged up nothing can make it on to the pumping station to be cleansed. I am sure yesterdays “flu’ were toxins being released – which she told me would probably happen. I think, as many of you seem to agree, that this is a very integral part of the healing process. This specific type of massage actually appears to me to be a huge part since this system is our body’s first line of defense against invaders and it’s got such a huge job to do when filtering out all the waste from all the yuck we are killing off. To me, I see it as important as daily elimination. Needless to say, I am going back next week. ๐Ÿ™‚

Healing to All,
    Kali

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yes and it is very important to drink lots and lots of water (filtered, bottled or boiled is best) after massage to help eliminate toxins from the body.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Krys
    Participant

Yay!!! Way to go!
    Your body is doing a great job with this little help!
    If you are up to helping it further with detox, it should get even better!
    Krys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.