Home Forums General Discussion LYMMES DISEASE IN AUSTRALIA ~ COVER UP??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Debbie star
    Participant

Apparantly this was on one of our tv stations (today tonight)

just thought it may be of interest to people

Authorities say that Lyme disease, which is spread by ticks, officially doesn’t exist in Australia, and because of this doctors don’t look for it.

Thousands suffer from it, and the symptoms are devastating, and often fatal.

It can be easily treated if caught early, but Australia’s brightest scientific and medical minds have been at loggerheads for almost two decades over whether or not it’s here.

The existence of Lyme disease is medically recognised around the world, and although millions suffer, they can get immediate treatment.

Here in Australia it’s a different story. It

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Deb;
    Gee,that sounds so familiar.No one thought that Lyme existed here in Canada except for small areas in southern Ontario because our winters are so cold.Well guess what……..my sister who lives up in the Yukon (artic) has Lyme.One can get it from any biting insect and it spreads on migrating birds.Eg,mosquito bites raven or goose that came from down south,bug gets infected,bug bites human and human gets infected.
    http://www.canlyme.com/scott2005.html

Deb- We have to keep on our soap box about this or thousands of men women & children will suffer if we dont undiagnosed.
    I filled in the form on Channel 7 site and commended Clare for her efforts, as I did see the session this week by chance.
    Fortunately there are some Doctors out there who are sympathetic but they are few and far between. I will keep doing what I can.
    I was sorry to hear that the testing here is not reliable as that makes it very difficult.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.