Home Forums General Discussion Lyme triggered Psoriatic Arthritis???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DMW
    Participant

I have been dealing with Lyme for over 2 and a half years and feel that it has triggered psoriatic arthritis. One of my first symptoms was the feeling of being full of inflammation. Recently I have developed a spot of psorisis on my elbow and I think I have psoriatic arthtritis. I am currently only using cannabutter to treat and it has helped me a lot. However, if I try to take any supplements/herbals (magnesium, folinic acid,LDN, moducare, coconut oil, etc) , I have severe herxheimer reactions and get more joint damage. I have damage in my shoulders, left elbow, knees, hips, and my back and neck. I am making an appointment to see the rheumatologist and I have read that she does AP. I tried minocycline in the past and had to stop it due to severe adbdominal pain. I didn’t build up my dose and started at 200mg per day. My question is how to prevent further joint damage from the herx it causes. What do people do to prevent the severe herxes? So glad to have found this group. Thanks

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi DMW
    Have you consulted a Lyme Literate Doctor for the Lyme Disease? They will generally treat all manifestations of Lyme, including rheumatological. Most rheumatologists are not particularly AP literate (if at all) and, if your psoriatic arthritis is due to Lyme then an LLMD would be better to consult than an AP Doctor.

When you say you get more joint damage when you take abx or herbals, do you mean damage or inflammation? Herxes do involve inflammation, but then doses are generally dialled back to prevent those being too extreme. In terms of psoriatic arthritis, we have often seen people with this dx coming to this forum and who do not do well on very high does of abx – the herx is often very extreme. So a very low and slow start is probably the way to consider.

John Merchant – who sometimes still posts here (username DragonSlayer) and who has Ankylosing Spondylitis often says that he believes people with PsA do have a form of AS and that the no-starch diet is an important adjunct to abx treatment in this case. His story can be read on this site here:

https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/ankylosing-spondylitis-9-years-in-remission/

You might also want to take a look at the http://www.kickAS. org site

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

DMW
    Participant

Thanks for your response Lyn. I am working with a LLND but everything he tries seems to cause inflammation which leads to joint damage. Unfortuntately I have joint damage in so many joints, not just inflammation. I am wondering how do you control the inflammation from the antiboitic? Would I need Methyltrexate or something to stop the inflammation when I start the antiboitic?

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.