Home Forums General Discussion Lyme disease and minocycline?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Way to go Trudi!
    I am so looking forward to meeting you and Kim this summer! We have moved out to the lake for the summer and rented out our regular house as my husband lost his job of 30 years 3 months ago!

Lots of stress , and no flare. Life is good!!!!

Patti

Kim
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Oh ya Kim,

Glad to hear you did some “crop dusting.” I have not seen one tick yet but was praying like no ones business as I was stacking freshly cut wood next to the forest. I was so creeped out and jumped right in the shower when it started to rain. I am not going out there to finish the job yet, but it has to get done. I guess I will have to put the deet/bug spray on. Have you got anything safer to use?

I've been better about not just dashing out to the garden for short periods unprotected.  I plan on staying outside for longer periods and spray my clothes and hat.  Since all of my bites have been in my head, the hat is the most critical.  I'm sure the sprays are terrible for those of us with screwed up immune systems so I try to keep most of it on the clothes, the rest hopefully will get sweated out, eventually.

We are living dangerously, but I just cannot imagine not going outside after a long winter.  We need a predator for the ticks.  I know some people use guinea hens, but that's not for me.

Really looking forward to meeting up this summer.

kim

Patti D
    Participant

Me too Kim. Can't wait!!!
    Patti

Trudi
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Way to go Trudi!
    I am so looking forward to meeting you and Kim this summer! We have moved out to the lake for the summer and rented out our regular house as my husband lost his job of 30 years 3 months ago!

Hi Patti–

What a bummer–your husband losing his job after 30 years!!  You seem to be taking this all in good stride: 

Way to go to you, too, Patti!:)

I'm also looking forward to meeting you and Kim.  My husband was kind of awed that I was going to be meeting you both from the Bulleting Board.   The Board may be online, but there are physical bodies behind those posts!!:blush:

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

butting in here…………it was so great last year when I met Maz in NYC and Cheryl F in Santa Barbara. two people with whom I share alot from the other side of the world. And of course, before that, JBJBJB in Sydney! Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme disease and minocycline?’ is closed to new replies.