Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Arthritis w/o Neurological Symptoms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marypart
    Participant

I feel like my kids are in a no-man’s land when I read on the various arthritis and Lyme boards.

In some ways my son seems like an Ankylosing Spondylitis patient, so I lurk and occoasionally post on kickas.org.
    He’s got arthritis in mostly his shoulders and costochondritis. But he’s had it in the hips, elbows, knees, and ankles. Mostly enthesitis.

He’s antibody positive for Lyme, but tons of other things including Cpn and Klebsiella.

On Lymenet it seems like most people have more neurological symptoms… they don’t seem to look like him– so it seems like roadback.org might be more helpful.

My daughter, who had a bullseye in July 2011, has been on doxy since then and is now pulsing tindamax and getting ready to add Levaquin… also has arthritis… both knees, and now in the same places at the front of the shoulder like my son. Also nothing neurological.

It’s all so confusing.
    I’m really frustrated.
    Two years ago life seemed perfect.
    Now I have two kids with arthritis… and believe me… there’s so much arthritis in my family, I definitely know what it means.
    Add in all the theories about congenital Lyme, and it just freaks me out. My kids are still young…22 and 20… not even married yet.

Just kind of venting.
    Mary

Maz
    Keymaster

Mary, have your kids been able to have rounds of IV clindamycin? I’m just wondering because recent research has tied fusobacterium with crohn’s and this is the antibiotic of choice for this pathogen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12164960

With so much gut involvement in your family, I wonder if this might be a helpful adjunct? You’ll find tons on this bacterium being recently tied to ulcerative colitis/crohn’s and colon cancer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/health/18cancer.html?_r=1

“If Fusobacteria do predispose humans to colon cancer, one day researchers may be able to devise a colon cancer vaccine, much like the HPV vaccine that protects against cervical cancer. Fusobacteria were known before this, of course, but were thought of as microbes that mostly live in the mouth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.