Home Forums General Discussion Lower right rib area

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Jenn

I get rib discomfort so bad that it feels like my ribs are crowding out or squishing organs. I told my AP dr and he said that since I have been diagnosed with costochondritis in the past he thinks that it is acting up again. it is an inflammation of the tissue betewwn the ribs and he said in Scleroderma that is the tissue that is targeted

richie
    Participant

Hi

If minocin is causing a liver problem –which is remote -it wouldnt manifest as pain at all –rather it would show up in blood work as elevated liver enzymes –an aggravated case would be that you turn yellow !!!!–

richie

JBJBJB
    Participant

I don't know about you, but when my ribcage area hurts, it's on both sides of my ribcase, not just one side.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Both lyme and babesia can cause rib pain and soreness.  Babesia can cause enlarged liver and/or spleen which would cause soreness in the rib area.

Have you been tested?

Susan

jlc6166
    Participant

Jenn,

I have scleroderma and I suffer from intense pain in my right and left rib area.  I have had many MRI's and CT's and they were unable to find any problem.  In my case it seems to be connective tissue pain. 

I hope that you feel better.  Keep me posted.

Jennifer

jlc6166
    Participant

Momma of 2 princesses,

My rib pain feels like my liver or some internal organ has grown inside and is to big for the area it is in.  It also feels like sharp shooting or pulsing pain at times.

What you are describing is similar to how I feel at times.

Jennifer

Little Red
    Participant

HI All

I've experienced pain under my right lowest rib for several years. Had an ultrasound of my GB dr said it was fine, but I have a fatty liver that is causing the pain.  I have good cholesterol 131 and it still hurts.

Little Red

APbeliever
    Participant

I just searched this topic since I was having similar pains on the lower right side of my abdomen. Got an ultrasound of my gallbladder and liver and then LFTs also. Everything is fine except a fatty liver was detected. I had CT scans of my abdomen done a year and half ago and everything was normal at that time. Could it be Mino or could it be something else? I am just wondering. One thing strange about the pains they seem to be more on the off days when I take Mino.

Fran
    Participant

Jenn-  I have had rib cage pain off and on since the whole RA thing started for me.  Dr. S of Ida Grove told me that its part of the disease since any connective tissue in the body can be affected.  When I'm flaring or herxing, it is at its worst.  It certainly helps my posture since I can't slump when my ribs hurt cuz it makes them hurt much worse so I have to sit up very straight in order not to put any pressure on them!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Lower right rib area’ is closed to new replies.