Home Forums General Discussion Low Immunoglobulin G Levels

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    York
    Participant

After a year of treatment, the low IGG levels continue to fall. They were first tested a year ago and were below normal range. Been tested twice since then and it’s dropped another 50 points each time.

More testing to follow next week – but does anyone here have any experience with this? (I’m asking for someone else who is battling a very stubborn case of mycoplasma pneumonia – suspicious for Lyme) Mycoplasma is dropping very very slowly, but symptoms are all just about gone. I’m not sure why the IGG would still continue to fall……

Thank you for any thoughts.

Randy
    Participant

York,

I’ll have to look at my old labs for IGG; however Dr.F has told me that my fast drop of IgM and continuing low levels is directly attributed to AP, which I began in Feb ’08. I don’t know if this helps any…

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

BG
    Participant

I have low levels of gamma globulins as well, a new development for me in that it was discovered this spring for the first time having never showed up in my blood work before then. The information found at the following website helps explain it. Read about both IGG Subclass Deficiency and CVID.

http://www.immunedisease.com/about-pi/types-of-pi/igg-subclass-deficiency.html

Barb

York
    Participant

Thank you Randy and Barb for your replies.

Randy – if you get a chance and are willing to share your IGG levels, I’d be interested in hearing about it. Did your Dr give you any ideas on what to do about it?

Barb – thank you for sharing the site. I read over that site last night. Did your Dr have any suggestions on how to fix it or what causes it?

Thank you again for sharing – much appreciated.

BG
    Participant

Causes include infections and autoimmune diseases.

Treatment = antibiotics to treat infections and or to prevent infections and or IVIG if the condition is severe enough.

York
    Participant

I guess what has me stumped is that his mycoplasma numbers are so improved and symptoms are almost completely gone – I just don’t understand why the IGG continues to drop. Extensive testing looking for other infections has been done and nothing shows.

A Friend
    Participant

York,

I was about to post (somewhere else) some interesting findings on amino acids and Dr. Burzinski’s amazing work with cancer. Finding this is important in my own case. Because of the possibility that amino acids “could be” involved in the malady you are discussing, I thought I’d bring this to you attention. If you think it is important, I’ve mentioned a search I did related to your post, and the search words are on down below.

http://burzynskipatientgroup.org/amino-acids
    [excerpt from this link]
    AMINO ACIDS
    Amino acids are molecules that contain a basic amino (NH2) group, an acidic carboxyl (COOH) group, and a side chain attached to an alpha carbon atom.
    Amino acids are very important to life as they make up 75% of the human body. They are essential to nearly every bodily function, and contain many functions in metabolism. One particularly important function is to serve as the building blocks of proteins, which are linear chains of amino acids. Amino acids can be linked together in varying sequences to form a vast variety of proteins. The sequences of amino acids in a protein are determined by the genetic code in the DNA. Every chemical reaction that takes place in your body depends on amino acids and the proteins that they build.
    The 20 amino acids that are found within proteins convey a vast array of chemical versatility. The 20 amino acids are alanine, arginine, asparagine, aspartic acid, cysteine, glutamic acid, glutamine, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryptophan, tyrosine, and valine. The essential amino acids must be ingested every day. Failure to get enough of even one of the 10 essential amino acids can result in protein degradation. The human body simply does not store amino acids for later use, as it does with fats and starches. [Bold emphasis added by AF]
    Dr. Burzynski discovered naturally occurring peptides and amino acid derivatives in the human body that control cancer, not by destroying cancer cells but by correcting them. He observed that cancer patients typically had deficiency of certain peptides in their blood as compared to healthy individuals. He named these substances antineoplastons. Chemically, the Antineoplastons include peptides, amino acid derivatives and organic acids. They occur naturally in blood and urine, and they are reproduced synthetically for medicinal use. The name of Antineoplastons comes from their functions in controlling neoplastic, or cancerous, cells (anti-neoplastic cells agents).
    [End of quoted material from the above site.]

Doing a search on the Internet, using these words may give you some clues/information.
    IGG levels+mycoplasma pneumonia+amino acids

York, you may or may not see anything in the search results, but about 10 showed up when I did a Google search … but sometimes we can find one of those “needles in a haystack” that is meaningful to us. Here’s hoping you find answers to your dilemma.

Best to you,
    AF

Randy
    Participant

@York wrote:

Randy – if you get a chance and are willing to share your IGG levels, I’d be interested in hearing about it. Did your Dr give you any ideas on what to do about it?

York,

Please forgive me for the slow response. My IGG values have been normal.

Concerning my low IGM values, Dr. F. has stopped my Wed and Sat daily minocin; it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily

BG
    Participant

Dr.F has told me that my fast drop of IgM and continuing low levels is directly attributed to AP

Randy,

Did Dr. F explain why AP caused a fast drop in IgM levels and why AP is responsible for the levels continuing to be low?

Barb

BG
    Participant

York,

The tests could be negative for many reasons including: the body isn’t making enough antibodies to be picked up by the tests that are being run; the tests aren’t sensitive enough and are therefore notoriously inaccurate; the blood samples aren’t being handled properly in the lab or during shipping; there may be an infection for which there is no test available to anyone other than research labs; etc.

Also, IgG levels can be low due to an immune system disorder unrelated to a current infection.

Barb

Randy
    Participant

[/quote] Did Dr. F explain why AP caused a fast drop in IgM levels and why AP is responsible for the levels continuing to be low?
    Barb[/quote]

No explaination provided … I didn’t ask the question.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily

York
    Participant

Thank you for all of the great information!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.