Home Forums General Discussion Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Todd WI
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I think I talked about my experiences with LDN on another thread, but I?ll add them here just in case I'm remembering things funny.  I was on LDN for several months and I really don?t have anything particularly good or bad to say.  The only side effect I had was very vivid dreams.  I can see how people have nightmares on LDN, but I never had any.  My dreams were wild and usually quite entertaining. It was kind of like going to a movie without knowing anything about the plot. I?d often dream about people I hadn?t seen or even actively thought about for many years.   

It wasn?t a miracle cure for me, but I don?t think it hurt to try.

Todd

stillthe1
    Participant

This post is to Vinny…I hope you will keep us updated.  I took info from the LDN website to my PCP this week, but he said he knows nothing about it and would rather my rheumatologist RX'd it for me.  So now I have to go back to him before I can start it.  We have a local compounding pharmacy that would probably provide it, but I understand that isn't always performed accurately, therefore, I was elated to read how your doctor is prescribing it for you!  I'll bet it's less expensive that way, as well.  Thanks for your contribution, and I'll be watching as time goes by to see how you do.  If I can get it prescribed, I certainly intend to give it a try.

linda
    Participant

It sounds like a good idea, tricking the brain into producing more endorphins. Acupuncture also affects endorphins, I don't think in the same way, but the effects (supposedly) with acupuncture are cumulative. They increase over time, so that you can extend the time btn treatments. I started out with 2x/wk, and over time spaced it out to once a month. I have to admit it seemed to do more for my energy and pain than anything else I was doing at the time. Maybe there is something to this theory that endorphins help to modulate our immune systems, I vaguely remember an article I read a few months ago about research into this.

I was doing my own acupuncture but I quit because it was difficult to get the needles into the areas on my back that hurt, but I think I'll give it another try. The LDN sound interesting but I don't want to add another drug to my already overtaxed liver.

willowwhite
    Participant

Does anyone know of a physician in the Dallas- Fort Worth area who would be willing to prescribe LDN? 
    Thanks, Willowwhite

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)’ is closed to new replies.