Home Forums General Discussion LLMD Visit Tuesday for Mom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hey all!

It has been a while since I posted. I hope you all are doing well on your journey! Monday mom and I will drive to Chapel Hill, NC to see a LLMD. Her appointment is Tuesday at 10 am. Will update you as to what transpires!

Hope the sun is shining where you live!

Blessings,
    Michelle

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Michelle – so lovely to see you! I’ve been wondering how you and your Mom are doing. It must have been pretty big to factor Lyme into the equation after everything else and to come to terms with it. All the very best for Monday’s appointment. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Michelle, warm wishes to you and your Mom for the trip to NC and do hope the new LLMD works out for her and any tweaks to her protocol speed along her recovery. Please let us know how she gets on….my thoughts go with you! 🙂

louris
    Participant

Michelle, good luck with the visit. I will anxiously await to hear how things went. Should I think this doctor be who I think it is, I plan on contacting the office this week to schedule an appointment.

Krys
    Participant

Best wishes on this new journey to recovery! May it bring about complete healing and well-being! Warm hugs to your mom, Krys

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Good luck with your mom’s LLMD visit. I’m hoping it will bring her one more step closer to regaining her health.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hello all! The visit went very well! The doctor is so nice! The offices were beautiful and serene. We just loved her! We were in the office from 10 am until 12:30 – very thorough interview and examination. Dr. F is very compassionate and soft spoken. She has Lyme herself.

Of course, not a surprise to us….mom does have Lyme and some co-infections (did not say which but mentioned a few that were possible.) Said she was very impressed with what we’d already done AP-wise. Was happy she was on what she is on. Took one look at a genetic marker on her tests from Igenex and stated “of course she has Lyme!” Was impressed we’d already sent her blood to Igenex and asked me how we accomplished this. I guess she was stunned! 😆 I told her that i was pretty persuasive!

Dr. F. tweaked mom’s protocol. Mom will continue with her Mino dose but take 200 mg all at once (mornings.) She’s also going to start taking the Zithromax (250 mg) every day. (night time.) Mom will also start Flagyl (250 mg) 2 days in a row per month. Also wants her to do 1/2 scoop of Cholestyramine every day.

We have a phone appt. in 4 weeks!
    Thanks for your prayers!
    Michelle

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Great news! So glad you are moving forward with your mom’s progress. Given how sick your mom was at one time, she probably would not have been able to handle the lyme protocol without all of the steps you have taken to date. Now, she is well enough, and will benefit from the more aggressive treatment. If she has co-infections like babesia or bartonella, these antibiotics will not target the infection, so it’s good that she is treating with a good LLMD that you trust.

That’s good that the doc recommended a toxin binder like cholestyramine. Apple Pectin is another binder of sorts, and you may want to consider a homeopathic drainage like Pekana for detoxing. Another product I can’t live without, thanks to Maz, is Oxy-Powder. It cleanses the bowels, and ensures you get all those nasty toxins out every morning.

Can’t wait to hear more about your mom’s progress….
    nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

@mkbeeliever wrote:

The visit went very well! The doctor is so nice! The offices were beautiful and serene. We just loved her! We were in the office from 10 am until 12:30 – very thorough interview and examination. Dr. F is very compassionate and soft spoken. She has Lyme herself.

Michelle, great to hear the update on your Mom’s LLMD appt and that it all went so well! I think a good number of LLMDs probably get into treating patients with Lyme, because they’ve faced the same roadblocks as their patients or they’ve actually been involved in researching these devastating infections.

I truly hope that the tweaks in your Mom’s protocol help her progress to move more swiftly along. She’s already made such great strides and just hope this will fine tune things for her. Please send best wishes to her! 🙂

Parisa
    Participant

Michelle,

I’m so glad to hear that you’ve landed with someone good. Your mom is defintely on the right track now. Once you start really getting at the Lyme and co-infections your mom’s condition will really turn around.

Kash
    Participant

Everything happens in God’s perfect time. So glad your Mom got great care and treatment. Keep us posted!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.