Home Forums General Discussion LLMD VISIT IN GRINNELL IOWA 9/20/10

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    vonni
    Participant

I knew all about this before I made my first appointment with Dr. P.  I had referred clients to him when he practiced as an orthopedic surgeon and I never had a reason to doubt his skills.  I happen to know exactly why this happened.  At my first visit, Dr. P explained it without my asking.  Once you learn the reason, I think you will feel as confident in his care as I do. 

Fran
    Participant

The funny thing about that posting is that in the first link it discusses the med board's discipline of Dr. L. I., who just happened to be my family doctor for 10 years before we moved.  I have never found a doctor quite like her and I have been searching for years.  She was the absolute best doctor with incredible compassion for her patients.  When you read the description of her disciplinary action, you would think her incompetent with no boundaries, when in fact, she was incredibly caring and would go the extra mile for any patient she had.

I understand there are some incompetent doctors out there.  They are not always caught though…..my former rheumatalogist being one of them.  This rheumatologist, who after 5 minutes with me, told me I had RA and would be in a wheelchair if I didn't take methotrexate. 

While I appreciate anyone who has information about doctors we may be seeing, or medications we may be taking, perhaps we should think about the delivery of this information so it doesn't look like a blindsided sweep to made us feel unnerved about the treatment we are receiving……when, trust me, I don't need any help feeling more unnerved than I already am.

Doctor's full name removed as per Forum Guidelines. RBFV

BG
    Participant

I apologize if I offended anyone. I posted the information because I was concerned and thought anyone seeing Dr. P or thinking about seeing Dr. P should be informed. I was actually contemplating seeing him myself which is why I decided to do the research.

I take such investigations and sanctions very seriously because it takes an awful lot to move anyone to conduct the investigations and to follow through with sanctions.

richie
    Participant

Hi–Based on the penalties invoked –it was apparently fairly serious —I have two thoughts about it —I see no harm in airing the news here as its public knowledge and anyone going to the doctor is entitled to know this info in order to make an informed decision —on the other hand orthopedic surgery is very often high risk -especially spinal surgery –many things can and do go wrong resulting in permanent injury-despite the best efforts of the surgeon —As I understand it –this is one of  the specialities where complaints to governing boards etc are among the highest in the medical fields — Mal -practice suits against ortho surgeons are very high –
    richie —

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ LLMD VISIT IN GRINNELL IOWA 9/20/10’ is closed to new replies.