Home Forums General Discussion LLMD *Dr. M in Mobile, AL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mkbeeliever
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone out there is seeing or has seen Dr. G.M. in Mobile, Alabama. I am on an LLMD search here in the South. If you have any info about him please PM me. Still planning on Dr. C in MO but heard of this guy and wanted to put this post out there to get some feedback. We haven’t gotten the Igenex text kit yet in the mail! Wish it would get here already!
    Thank you in advance! Merry Christmas!
    Michelle

Maz
    Keymaster

@mkbeeliever wrote:

Just wondering if anyone out there is seeing or has seen Dr. G.M. in Mobile, Alabama.

Hi Michele,

I don’t recall anyone here going to see this LLMD, although I do remember one person (Snickers) who considered going to see him. She doesn’t post here anymore, but here is an old discussion thread of hers, if you want to try and PM her to ask. I have a feeling, though, that she wound up going to see a different doc.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2572&hilit=alabama+lyme

If you join an Alabama Lyme support group on Yahoogroups, you might find more folk there who have personal knowledge of him. Just a heads up, though….some Lyme groups won’t even allow the use of physician initials or geographic locations to protect physician privacy, so usually one has to ask generally if people will privately email back with personal refs:

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=lyme+alabama

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Thank you Maz!
    Do you know of a Dr. F in North Carolina?
    I’m hearing great things about her too.

Maz
    Keymaster

@mkbeeliever wrote:

Do you know of a Dr. F in North Carolina? I’m hearing great things about her too.

Yes, I believe Michele has researched this doc and you could PM her for more info. My understanding is that she is one of the rare LLMDs out there who actually takes insurance and was infected, herself, so is very empathic to fellow Lymies. I don’t recall why Michele chose Dr. Z over Dr. F in the end, but am sure she can elaborate for you.

If calling to learn more about Dr. F, would suggest asking if she follows ILADs and Burrascano treatment guidelines…pretty sure she does, but it’s just one helpful way to sort the wheat from the chaff when researching LLMDs.

I was watching her get up to speak during the Q & A at the recent IOM meetings on the Gaps in Understanding LD. You’d have to wade through a couple days of sessions, but here is the link, if you have time!

http://www.tvworldwide.com/events/iom/101011/default.cfm?id=12856&type=flv&test=0&live=0

louris
    Participant

Michelle, I have received some good feedback from a patient of Dr. F (in NC) who is over on the GA coast. I’m still working with my doctor in the Northeast, but a point in time may arise where I need to switch to a doctor closer to the Southeast (I’m holding out as long as I can). Dr. F is currently my first choice based on that feedback I received and postings I’ve read on other sites, especially since there is a dearth of viable LLMDs in this part of the country.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

@mkbeeliever wrote:

Do you know of a Dr. F in North Carolina? I’m hearing great things about her too.

Yes, I believe Michele has researched this doc and you could PM her for more info. My understanding is that she is one of the rare LLMDs out there who actually takes insurance and was infected, herself, so is very empathic to fellow Lymies. I don’t recall why Michele chose Dr. Z over Dr. F in the end, but am sure she can elaborate for you.

If calling to learn more about Dr. F, would suggest asking if she follows ILADs and Burrascano treatment guidelines…pretty sure she does, but it’s just one helpful way to sort the wheat from the chaff when researching LLMDs.

I was watching her get up to speak during the Q & A at the recent IOM meetings on the Gaps in Understanding LD. You’d have to wade through a couple days of sessions, but here is the link, if you have time!

http://www.tvworldwide.com/events/iom/101011/default.cfm?id=12856&type=flv&test=0&live=0

Maz,
    Would you PM with Dr. Z’s info? Thanks so much for the info and the link. Will look at it hopefully soon!
    Louris – thank you for the feedback! GREAT to “see you!” you doing ok? I hope so!

Maz
    Keymaster

Yup, with pleasure. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.