Home Forums General Discussion Liver Enzymes slightly elevated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Suni-One
    Participant

Hi All: I am AP for around a year now. I take mino 2 x’s daily @ 100 mgs., I take 500 mgs. of metronidazole 2 x’s daily and I was taking fluconazole, 100 mg. once a day. My RA Doc checked my liver function and the liver enzymes are a bit high so he suggested I begin taking fluconazole once a day, every 3rd day and we’d retest the liver function after 2-weeks. I went for blood work on Friday so haven’t gotten the results yet.

I also take a bunch of supplements. After listening to Dr. Wallach I now take 4 trace minerals daily + 2 essential fatty acids + omega’s. But what can I take to keep my liver “happy & healthy”? In the morning, before my 1 cup of (organic) 1/2 decaf. coffee I drink a spoonful of Green Magma mixed with a half freshly squeezed lemon in about 6 oz. of filtered water, wait half and hour then drink a mug of coffee. My RA Doc wasn’t too positive about milk thistle (says there’s been some controversy about it). I drink LOTS of water – no soda of any kind or dairy products, will use or drink almond or coconut milk.

I am just beginning to feel a bit better – I don’t even have to take a pain pill daily so do not want to go off AP or the other meds. If anybody could please make suggestions I’d be so grateful. Thank you.

lemons
    Participant

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Suni-One,
    Do you really take all those three oils everyday? Krill, flaxseed and coconut? If so I am sure it is too much for your liver.
    Linda L.

Suni-One
    Participant

Hi and Good Morning on Monday

I do take ALA daily – just began a few weeks ago. I know I shouldn’t have the 1 mug of coffee in the morning. I figured because it was half decaf and organic, one cup wouldn’t be too bad! Maybe I was just trying to fool myself!

I also “juice” and add about 1 tsp. of flax oil to my juice (flax oil is supposed to be anti-breast cancer), I take 2 coconut oil tablets with 2 cucurmin to help it absorb. And the 1 tablet if krill is for the “brain”. I honestly didn’t know “oils” were hard on the kidney. I used to throw in a cod liver oil too but the RA Doc said my Vit. D level was high (I used to take 5,000 mgs. a day). We’ve moved where it is sunny so I get lots of natural Vitamin D now. I am allergic to casein in milk so don’t do whey protein. I do drink lots of filtered water and often add a half squeezed lemon in it.

The RA Doc said he may have to change out the fluconazole for another med if the liver enzymes don’t show improvement. I am still stiff and, esp. my knuckles, are swollen so I do not want to go off the meds. I just recently got to the point where I don’t have to take pain pills every day. I just want to keep the liver “fat and happy”! I have been reading and researching and from some of the literature I read it seems the liver can become overwhelmed with toxins and is not able to clear them quickly enough? I’ve seen all sorts of “liver support” supplements at the Vitamin Shop but have not taken any (I figure I take enough stuff and didn’t want to add yet another one).

Thank you for responding. 🙂

lemons
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

Hi Suni-One,
    Do you really take all those three oils everyday? Krill, flaxseed and coconut? If so I am sure it is too much for your liver.
    Linda L.

Suni One, I dont think the oils are doing you any harm at all and flaxseed is the best thing for you to be adding to your diet. In my very very humble opinion I think that just possibly maybe, the amount and dosage of antibiotics is too high. Maz will reply soon and give you the best advice but it does seem a tad too much to be taking for RA.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.