Home Forums General Discussion lemon water.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mkay
    Participant

Can drinking lemon water at night make you herx?! Explain please πŸ™‚

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I thought that lemon water would help with the herx not make it worse.
    Eva πŸ˜•

Eva Holloway

mkay
    Participant

Well me too! I wasn’t sure if you could get to many toxins moving through at once? If anyone has experienced this please chime in.

maz.aust
    Participant

Lemon helps detox the body so it helps the symptoms of a herx. If however you are experiencing bad herxing I suggest you mix yourself a jug of ‘whole lemon drink’ & start sipping it πŸ˜‰

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

okay this one is difficult. If you subscribe to metabolic typing then, for Prime Protein types, certain fruits, including lemons, will leave an acidic residue in the body, which can make the body too acidic and cause flaring. This is what appeared to happen to me when I set out to dissolve a possible kidney stone. Lots of lemon in water sent me into a major and excruciating PRA flare – massive pain in the pubic region and the tendons on either side. Not a herx, a flare. There is some info on the Mercola site re typing and in this section about juicing http://juicing.mercola.com/sites/juicing/juicing.aspx.
    BTW I do find that limes dont have the same acidic effect on my body. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

Interesting posts on lemon … we have a lot of varying ideas and information. These are some remembered things about lemon, from varied things I’ve read:

Lemon is one of the most alkalizing foods we can consume. Even though it is thought of as acidic, when consumed it has an alkaline effect inside the body and can help neutralize acidic waste. Lemon juice added to water makes the water more alkaline. We with chronic illnesses, if what I’ve read is true, all probably are too acidic and can probably benefit from lemon water.

The lemon/olive oil drink is very detoxifying for the body, and can help normalize our pH and help our liver cleanse toxins. (A search for the link to the drink on the board wasn’t readily found, but found it elsewhere. This drink can also help with some painful symptoms.) The article link is: http://www.keephopealive.org/lemondrk.html Note: In the article, it was mentioned that a pH of 6.4 was normal. The many articles I’ve read about pH have indicated 6.4 as being still too acidic. The difference in each number in measuring pH is not just 1 point. This numbering is exponential, so a difference of even one point is a big difference.

Lemon juice can be harmful to our teeth if we eat lemon slices. To keep it from being harmful to our teeth, we need to brush them immediately after eating the lemon slices or this can damage the enamel. (But, again, lemon was said to become alkaline in the body once consumed.)

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Lemon is one of the most alkalizing foods we can consume. Even though it is thought of as acidic, when consumed it has an alkaline effect inside the body.

AF – I understood that also. Yet lemons always prompt a flare in me. One theory is that, if you are a Prime Protein type (in terms of Nutritional Typing) then lemons, which are alkalising for others, will leave an acidic residue in the body of Protein Types – when meats (generally acidifying) dont. That may well be what happens in my body. I generally eat an 80/20 alakline/acidic effect diet these days and do really well on it. But I have also now further refined this to cater to my individual responses to certain foods/chemicals. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mkay
    Participant

Thank you for your responses. With that being said–this was the only thing that I have been doing differently, which is why I was asking this question. I got really sore, I’am still drinking it nightly and starting to feel better now πŸ™‚ This whole disease is a guessing game and what works for one, doesn’t always work for another, unfortunately. I will add that I haven’t had heartburn once since starting the nightly lemon water…this tells me I was acid-Y!!!! Really hoping I didn’t just jinx myself LOL!

Thank God for this board πŸ™‚

A Friend
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Lemon is one of the most alkalizing foods we can consume. Even though it is thought of as acidic, when consumed it has an alkaline effect inside the body.

AF – I understood that also. Yet lemons always prompt a flare in me. One theory is that, if you are a Prime Protein type (in terms of Nutritional Typing) then lemons, which are alkalising for others, will leave an acidic residue in the body of Protein Types – when meats (generally acidifying) dont. That may well be what happens in my body. I generally eat an 80/20 alakline/acidic effect diet these days and do really well on it. But I have also now further refined this to cater to my individual responses to certain foods/chemicals. Lynnie

Lynnie, I’ve read about reactions like you mention you have, and appreciate hearing your explanation of why some people don’t seem to tolerate lemons and perhaps other citrus. Each body can be a mystery (can’t we!). You may recall in some of my earlier posts about my finally paying attention to and beginning to check my pH — that was really an eye-opening time (5.0 to 5.5 is NOT good). I had felt if I had a “healthy” diet for ages, that acidosis just couldn’t be the cause of my escalating problems. And, what I found that related to my own body was that many different individual things can go on, longterm, that can result in its inability to keep the blood pH in the narrow range it MUST be. Having learned this, I daily or several times a week, still use pH strips to monitor this, and use various methods to tweak it in the right direction. The urine and saliva pH testing results are not exact, of course, but it gives us a window into which direction we are going. Also, I learned, venous testing is not accurate either for acidosis (because the body will steal minerals from many places to keep it in the range it MUST be kept). Lemon juice is a handy ally for me, and I use it daily in several ways because it is one of the “kings of the hill.” Thankfully, there are numerous other things those who are sensitive to lemon can use for an alkaline tweak.
    Thanks again,
    AF

claireh
    Participant

i find lemon and manuka honey is great it has detoxing properties as well as the honey having anti bacterial properties, it’s expensive but worth it, it’s a good way to detox.
    i also use detox foot pads at night to draw the toxins from the body…..you will be amazed at what comes from the body over night. yuk!!!
    hope this helps.xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.