Home Forums General Discussion LDN 1.5

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    carries
    Participant

Hi Kats! I wish I could have used sulfasalizine…after a week on it I broke out with a rash and was very warm and hot….so obviosuly I was allergic and couldnt use it….I would definitely give it a shot….

PhilC
    Participant

@Kats wrote:

I got a prescription from my rheumy yesterday for sulfasalazine, and I have some more thinking and research to do before I decide to take it. All I know is that I am getting joint destruction, and fast, and my rheumy looks at me with real sadness and pity which kind of bothers me but also scares me.

Hi Kats,

Looking at your sig, it appears that you are not taking an NSAID. You might want to consider trying one. Dr. Brown used NSAIDs as a part of the AP, and I wonder if perhaps doctors who treat patients with antibiotics but not NSAIDs have unknowingly tossed out an important part of the protocol.

By the way, if I needed to take an NSAID my first choice would be etodolac (Lodine). I’ve spent hours searching PubMed, trying to figure out which NSAID is the safest. So far, all the research I’ve found points to etodolac. Of course, that could change as I dig up more info, and as more research studies are published.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

@carries wrote:

I agree with you….I have been told by my rheumy to stay away from anything that boost the immune system bc our immune systems are already in overdrive.

Carries: I thought you are taking LDN??

reesak
    Participant

@carries wrote:

I agree with you….I have been told by my rheumy to stay away from anything that boost the immune system bc our immune systems are already in overdrive.

Really? Doesn’t this go against the whole theory then that RA and other diagnoses are caused by infectious causes and not the immune system attacking itself? I am on IgG2000 prescribed by a functional medicine doctor in order to boost my immune system against Lyme and RA and I can definitely see an improvement. I am down to 3 mg of prednisone and doing well. I am sleeping better, have more energy and haven’t had any major flareups for a couple of months.

ReesaK

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

@reesak wrote:

@carries wrote:

Really? Doesn’t this go against the whole theory then that RA and other diagnoses are caused by infectious causes and not the immune system attacking itself? I am on IgG2000 prescribed by a functional medicine doctor in order to boost my immune system against Lyme and RA and I can definitely see an improvement. I am down to 3 mg of prednisone and doing well. I am sleeping better, have more energy and haven’t had any major flareups for a couple of months.

ReesaK

Hi Reesak:

Well, i am still learning about all this, but from what i have learned this would not necessarily be the case. The AI could be caused by an infection, but once you have the infection and trying to use AP to resolve it using anything to boost te immunity system may had flames to the fire. I am going to create a new post to invite the more experienced members to comment on this, because I have looked at LDN, but have passed on this and other things for now because of this concern. i appear to be getting better and do not want to trigger a relapse.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.