Home Forums General Discussion Knee pain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kash
    Participant

Throughout my Lyme journey many aches and pains, fluish, herxes, etc come and go, but the one constant is my knees.
    Both knees hurt all the time. When I go to get up, the pain is excruciating -to kneel down is easy, coming back up is horrid.

My question is, I assume this is related to Lyme, but does my llmd handle this or do I need to see a rheumy?

I can take naproxen, but not often, due to the side effects. Pain meds don’t touch it.

Any suggestions? I have an appt with my llmd in 3 weeks

Thanks
    Barbara aka Kash

lyndsaylee
    Participant

Hi Kash,

Many years ago I suffered from the same problem. I could not go up stairs at all. I had to sit down backwards and and scoot up that way. Wearing those tight neoprene pull-on knee braces seemed to help. At that time I had no idea it could be caused by lower back problems. I’m still not sure it was, but now I know it is definitely possible. Several times my back “went out” and it would take days or weeks for it to get better, often with the help of a chiropractor. Now I know about the McKenzie Method and when I’m dilligent to practice the very simple excercises, and the other posture suggestions in his book, “Treat Your Own Back” I don’t have the (mechanical) back problems I used to. Coincidentally, that mystery pain in my knees is also gone. So, there you have it, for what it’s worth. Something to think about anyway. Check out this website: http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=10719 that talks about back pain being felt in the knee. There are many websites that talk about and demonstrate the MacKenzie Method – just google “MacKenzie Method for low back pain.” By the way, he has another book called “Treat Your Own Neck” that has really rescued me out of locked up neck and shoulder area pain.

Laura

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.