Home Forums General Discussion Just to update!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi to everyone
    My liver is normal after three years. I explained to GP about taking minocycline again, she said she would have to ask the rheumatologist. I said I would ring her if she liked she said yes. I rang the secretary she said she’ll get the doc to ring me. She rang me after I’d made another call. I said I would like to take minocycline again, she said no its not one of our medication we use here. I told her I know that but asked if she wouldn’t mind telling my GP that she wouldn’t have a problem if he prescribed them. She blatenly said NO! Well I tried to explain my side a little and she said we’ll talk about it on your next appointment. She won’t because I’ve cancelled our next appointment permanently.
    I went to see the head doctor at my surgery. I printed the relevant information from RB to show what it’s all about. He didn’t have a problem. He said ill just look up on screen your medication to see if they’re ok together and the information came up that Minos with hydroxychloroquine plaquinel can affect the liver. I explained that I would only be taking 100 mg MWF . He put that in and the same. He was very nice and said why don’t you see how you go with the plaquinel and if it stoppes helping then try Minos. I only went back on plaquinel this April.
    However my inflammation is coming back, hands and wrists very sore, legs hurting. Omg. I though it had practically gone lol.
    It must have been the steroid injection.
    Been so well and normal and nice. Don’t want to be ill again!
    Rosemary

JohnnyMax
    Participant

Rosey,

Since the Plaquinel is not working well, why not just drop it now and then they can give you the Minocycline. After you start it, see if they can give you another steroid shot to carry you a while while the Minocycline has a chance to work. Just a thought.

John

Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi John,
    How you doing?
    I will see how I go with the plaquinel for a while. I had a bad day when I sent the post. The next day I was fine. I know the injections out of my system because of my hands and wrists. I will be back with the abx very soon.
    Nice to hear from you
    Rosemary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.