Home Forums General Discussion Just a quick update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Just a quick upgrade on what’s happening with me, my PRA is all under control, the new round of abx I have been on is working a treat, I had the arthroscopy for a torn meniscus cartilage last Thursday morning 8.00am, walked within 1/2 hr of waking up & was home by 11.45am after a 30 min drive.. must admit I was a bit sore Fri & Sat after an hour walk session both days, but now it’s Thursday & for the most part can’t feel a thing. The best bit about it was the attitude of the surgeon, when I told him I was on AP he just looked at me & said good then I don’t have to worry about any meds the rheumatologists give people, wow no words of recrimination at all. So for me it is just another little hiccup in the journey.

Hope everyone is well & better today than yesterday 😉
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Parisa
    Participant

Maz,

Good to hear your surgery went well and the surgeon didn’t give you a hard time about your meds. It’s nice not to have to swim upstream all of the time!

nspiker
    Participant

Maz,

Your surgery went so well, it almost makes me feel like getting my knee done 🙂 . Wish all doctors were like your surgeon – that’s so refreshing!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Good news, Maz. And cant believe the surgeon’s comment….bet it made your day! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

So glad Maz you are o.k. Been wondering how you were as I’ve been off the air for a while. I will have to have mine done I think down the track, plus another women’s problem attended to. Not looking forward to it. Kind regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.