Home Forums General Discussion Jumping Back in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    frhorngal
    Participant

After a big battle with the pharmacy (Dr. prescribed Minocin, no substitutions and I got the Dr. Reddy’s generic), lots of back and forth, I finally have the Minocin capsules – $50 a month- would love it to be cheaper but I need to regain my health- my erosions are getting to be quite severe and my mobility limited. I have a fracture in my ankle and another in my wrist

My rheumy wants me to take 100mg BID- I seem to remember being on a much lower dose before- If any of you who have done the low and slow and those of you who follow the standard ‘Harvard protocol’ could offer your wisdom and experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. I figured I would ease into it with 100mg a day for a week then bump up to twice a day.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

PhilC
    Participant

@frhorngal wrote:

My rheumy wants me to take 100mg BID- I seem to remember being on a much lower dose before- If any of you who have done the low and slow and those of you who follow the standard ‘Harvard protocol’ could offer your wisdom and experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. I figured I would ease into it with 100mg a day for a week then bump up to twice a day.

Since die-off reactions often hit around the two-week mark, a safer approach would be to wait until well after that point to increase your dose (e.g., after four weeks). Also, depending on how you respond to the Minocin, you may even need to temporarily lower your dose before increasing it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.