Home Forums General Discussion JRA – Mt Kili, Rachel led way to summit & back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mom4
    Participant

(I’ve been traveling for work all week & haven’t been able to get back on the rbf since I posted Rach’s story. I think I can find the history in old posts that are still on another forum. Will do that and post it under the personal history section so it will be easier to find -mom4)

Just in from Rachel, Arusha Tanzania:

i dont have much time, or a shift button, but i wanted to let you know i summitted! i have some pretty crazy stories…. my friends had to take pictures for me so i could remember because i led the charge on the ‘assault’ on summit night and as a result got REALLY loopy at the top. like i said, lots of stories and details when i get home. highlights; shooting stars as we reached summit, beat a whole class of university of nairobi students, scaled a rock face, literally ascended the top and descended half the mountain in one day and with a pretty nasty limp, and oh yea… jogged the last 40 mins of the hike today to the gate beating some porters. awesome! body has never felt better. annnnnnd, i didn’t use my knee or wrist brace once, so ha told you my arthritis isn’t getting to me anymore.
    love, love, love you
    , i’m gonna go eat chinese and indian food in arusha now…

Maz
    Keymaster

YAY, Rachel!!! Big round of applause from over here in CT!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ Incredible young woman you have there Mom4 – you must be brimming with pride and rightly so! Thanks for sharing in Rachel’s success and battle against JRA. She’s WON!

Eva Holloway
    Participant

What a great story, πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ it shows what AP can do for even a young person. I bet you are very proud of your daughter. I wish her the best in her journey. πŸ™‚ Tell her to keep it up. So much encouragement from a young person.
    Best wishes,
    Eva πŸ™‚

Eva Holloway

Bill
    Participant

Jut another 1 of many Mountains that this kid has climbed. I’m not surprised. the angels were with her. Along with an indomitable spirit.

Congratulations young lady, very well done.

bill

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Congratulations! What a great person! WHAT A DETERMINATION! GREAT STORY!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.