Home Forums General Discussion IV’s are working – I think?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Hello Everyone – I’m back!

OMG I can’t believe the trouble I have had getting back onto this site. I’ve been trying to post for months now and the site would not let me. πŸ™

I wanted to tell everyone that I am currently doing my 3rd or 4th (lost count) round of IV’s in 2 years and I think it has finally done the trick. I haven’t felt this wonderful in the 4 years since I’ve been diagnosed and started AP. πŸ˜› So with that said, don’t give up! I have to say, I was second guessing myself lately with the AP and I’m glad I pushed to have another round of IV done.

Thanks for listening. πŸ˜†

desgirl
    Participant

Yea!!! That is great news!

Do you have Lyme? What is the IV medication that you are using?

nspiker
    Participant

Good for you Andrea πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ !

Are you doing IV Clindamycin? It really can give AP a big boost! Glad you’re back and welcome back to the forum …..
    nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

Andrea, so great to hear you’ve finally turned that corner – well done, you, for hanging in there and getting the job done! WOW! You are an inspiration and so glad you managed to get back into the forum to share this wonderful news with us. Thanks so much for being persistant with trying to get back here, too, and glad you’re back. πŸ™‚

I wonder why you had so much trouble getting back into the forum? If you’re having such difficulties, I’m wondering if others are, as well?

A few changes have happened around here since the fall – first the old software was suddenly locking out a good number of users, including half the volunteers – we think mainly Comcast users. It took a couple of months to get the job done, but the new software finally got up and running, with a few running-in issues to resolve. We kept the old discussion forum weblink as a re-direct to this new forum for about 6 months to ensure that infrequent users could still find the new forum, but that was only temporary and the re-direct recently lapsed. Perhaps if you had that old link bookmarked maybe that was why you couldn’t find us? A few others have mentioned this problem lately…still using the old bookmark.

The new forum is now fully integrated back into the main website, as it was originally (rather than a separate entity in its own domain), so it can always be found by clicking on “Bulletin Board” on the main Road Back website. Old user names and passwords should still work, but if anyone is having trouble logging in, they can always contact one of the volunteers for assistance.

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/community.sub/subgroup_id/3.html

If you can enlighten us as to why it was so tricky to get back into the forum, it might help us to know how to resolve this in case others are experiencing the same probs – thanks! I”m wondering if a “Tech Help” email might be needed on the website link above?

Andrea
    Participant

Nancy – Yes IV Clindamycin. I’ve done it three or four other times and even though I noticed a little difference this time has been drastic.

I’ve been dying to get back on to discuss some things that since have resolved themselves. Right before a surgery I had in December (I was coming off of some meds for the surgery) i started getting this crazy rash on my stomach. Then shortly after that I started getting a weird rash on my tongue. When I had my surgery and took antibiotics for the surgery, the rashes got worse. I was having a terrible flare and my body was in a terrible state. Then I requested to have another round of the IV’s. We did 5 days, once a day, building up in dosage and now I’m on once a week for 4 weeks of 900 mg. I have one more dose of the once a week. After this last dose, I have felt wonderful.

Maz – Not sure what the problem was….I would log on and it would not recognized my password. When I would ask for a new password it would not send me another. When I tried to contact the “website admin” (or whatever terminology they used) I heard from no one. I tried to contact them 3 times. I finally got a notice of a personal message from someone. In that e-mail was a link to get to the message. At that point when it asked me to sign in and would not recognize my info it had an option to “reset my account” and that did the trick.

Blondie283
    Participant

So glad to hear that the IV’s are working for you! I am currently on them also, and yes they have made a “huge ” difference in the way I feel. I am in my 3rd month of AP and had started the IV’s in my 2nd month. With mine, I had them every Friday in March, and then every other weekend in April (April 29th will be my last one ) till I see the Dr in May. I started out @ 300mg and have built up to 900mg.. The last IV gave me a major herx (the biggest one yet) but I handled it with grace and did the detox drink 3x that day and ended up in the hot tub @ 11:30 that night to finish it off. Felt wonderful the next day! The IV’s are a great way to jump start the process, at least it was for me.

Krys
    Participant

Andrea, how very wonderful to read about your success! Thank you for sharing: it’s so inspiring! Warm wishes, Krys

mschmidt
    Participant

Welcome back, Andrea! Sorry to hear that you had so many problems re-connecting to the site but, so happy you are here again, and doing so well! πŸ˜€

Maria

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.