Home Forums General Discussion IVLyme.com Info

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

As many are already aware, it can be a challenge to find a local doctor willing to prescribe IVs of clindamycin, but various Lyme Pharmacies are cropping up that will supply Clindamycin in IV self-pumping boules that can be administered at home. These pharmacies are also dedicated to providing home IVs at a reduced cost when insurance won’t cover them.

This is a new pharmacy (to me), called IVLyme and they are also offering free consultations to patients who may suspect Lyme and other tickborne coinfections but are not, as yet, being treated for these. You can read about this service here:

http://www.ivlyme.com/AboutIVLYMEConsultcom.aspx

Ordering IVs from this pharmacy is as simple as getting a script from your doctor and faxing the script to the pharmacy, whereupon your IV order will be shipped to your home or doctor within 3 days:

http://ivlyme.com/OrderIVMedication.aspx

Of course, a nurse or doctor is needed and who is equipped to install the IV line prior to beginning the treatment and it’s always safest to have the first IV in the doctor’s office to ensure there is no allergic reaction. However, it’s just fantastic that these pharmacies are providing this service at much lower cost to the patients. I have used Infuserve America (based in FL – I live in CT) and this company was also excellent. As I paid out-of-pocket for my IV clindamycin, the 10 IV boules for the 5 day series, the saline heparin syringes to flush the line, and IV extension tubing were all provided at a cost of around $225. Sure beats the cost of traveling to and from a doctor’s office, flight and hotel costs, if one is just looking to do the IV clindamycin, and much easier in the comfort of one’s own home. πŸ™‚

Eileen
    Participant

Maz,

Thank you for the information. As my dr. has left the center to a new facility, she will have a lot more ability to order IVs for me. We discussed this at our last visit, and I’m heading in that direction. Fingers crossed.

Hugs, Eileen…

Maz
    Keymaster

@Eileen wrote:

As my dr. has left the center to a new facility, she will have a lot more ability to order IVs for me. We discussed this at our last visit, and I’m heading in that direction. Fingers crossed.

I’ll cross my fingers for you, too, Eileen! Sounds very hopeful! πŸ˜€

kater
    Participant

I live in BC and did 6 weeks of Clindy Iv–now on 5 days/ month and doing them at home after the line is put in. πŸ™‚ This is costing me about 136$ a series which is amazing!! and more amazing–it’s working! I have looked for this for a long time and so grateful to my naturopaths who have made this available to me.

kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Maz
    Keymaster

@kater wrote:

I live in BC and did 6 weeks of Clindy Iv–now on 5 days/ month and doing them at home after the line is put in. πŸ™‚ This is costing me about 136$ a series which is amazing!! and more amazing–it’s working! I have looked for this for a long time and so grateful to my naturopaths who have made this available to me.

Kate, this really is amazing and so happy for you that it is working! YAY! πŸ˜€

You’re so fortunate to be living in BC, Canada! So many Canucks have trouble just finding a doc to rx minocycline in other provinces and this feedback will be so helpful to others in your neck of the woods. Can you share why the cost is so low for the 5 day series….is that two IVs a day for 5 days, totaling 10 in all? If so, is it due to the ceiling on drug costs allowed in Canada, do you think?

Always great to see you here, Kate, and appreciate your posts – thanks!

kater
    Participant

Yes we are very lucky in BC that naturopaths now have prescribing and lab rights and just recently got IV antibiotic privileges–they are much more open to alternate approaches than most allopaths. ,
    I get one IV per day for 5 days in a row (once a month) 1200 mg Clindamycin. Prior to going on this schedule I did 6 week of IVs 4 days per week. The drugs are covered under my extended health plan :-)–but FYI the cost is 259$ for 10 days at 1200mg per IV. I pay the naturopath 67 dollars the first day to put the line in–that is for the equipment and and 15 minutes of her time. She is very generous with her time and the sweetest doc on earth. Then I just pay around 17 $ a day for the equipment–bag, syringes etc. I am VERY lucky to be able to get this at this price! I also get Iv glutathione and Meyer’s with 10000 Vit C when the line is in.
    My skin is almost totally normal now and my hands are improving very slowly. Just a small amount of collagen left in my palms and the Raynaud”s–not sure I will kick that one. All the docs are thrilled with my progress–even the ones that don’t agree with my approach are saying, well whatever works. Thanks for all your support Maz and everyone else!
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    I am new here. I also live in B.C (Vancouver). A few questions here. Where do you get minocin in B.C.? I called London Drug, Shopper Drug, PharmarSave, they all carry only minocycline, generic. If you have any luck get minocin, can you let me know where do you get it? My thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.