Home Forums General Discussion is there help on this forum ?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maz, I’ve tried to send you a private message three times and it has come back that the “users I’ve requested does not exist”.

Rose, sounds like you are typing something incorrect into the “to” box which is at the top slightly to the left. Simply type ‘Maz’ (remember the M is a capital letter), no commas afterwards etc and and then click on ‘add’ to the right – and you do that seperately for each person you are directing the PM to. Hope this helps!

Also, Maz is away for a few days so will not pick up on any posts till her return

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

@Ruffian wrote:

Can I suggest a Paypal Donation button on the site? Sometimes people can’t come up with a lot of $$ at once, but if the button is here…it’s easy to do small donations throughout the year, which add up to big ones annually for you.

Just a thought.

Ruffian – Krys, this is a great idea and I have put in an email to RBF’s contracted webmaster to ask what it would cost to insert a PayPal link into the forum software scripts. This may or may not be possible depending upon the webmaster’s ability to do this with the existing software and whether the cost involved will be worth the investment. An alternative would be just to add a button up top to direct folk straight to the donations page on the main site, using the existing secure server. Paypal may work out to be the better option as there is no annual cost outlay as with the secure server, but Paypal does apparently take a small percentage of each donation transaction. This may take some time to figure out cost/benefit, but definitely worth looking into…thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Seems we’ve started getting a few spam posts filtering through here again. You will know they are spams by the strange text and nonsensical scripts. I’ve deleted a few today, but would suggest that anyone who opens these threads to refrain from clicking on the links in those posts. They are such time-wasters for all and this can be costly to the foundation to have to get the webmaster to constantly update the software for us.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Rose wrote:

Maz, I’ve tried to send you a private message three times and it has come back that the “users I’ve requested does not exist”. I wanted to ask when was the last time I sent in a donation, is there a record somewhere? This site means a lot to me, helped me more then any of my Rheumatologists, Rose

Hi Rose,

Very sorry to say that your PMs have not reached me. However, if you click on my user name in this post, it should provide you with the option to send me a PM or email. Just select the PM option and it should save the hassle of having to type in my name and to have to click the “add” button. I think Lynnie may be right that if you just type in my name in a fresh PM, then the PM won’t be sent. It requires clicking the “Add” button for the person’s user name to be added to the PM before clicking the send button with your message.

All that said, if you wish to ask about your donation history, then the person to email is Cheryl Ferguson. You can email her at: cheryl@roadback.org Many thanks for all your past donations, Rose. It’s the generosity of people like you who have helped to keep RBF alive for us all today. 😀

Maz
    Keymaster

@danho wrote:

Hi Maz,
    I did not post messages here very often, but I enjoyed reading your comments and as well as other folks. Anyway, thanks for reminding me about donation. I made a donation through the web yesterday. As Ruffian suggested, it would be helpful if PayPal is available for this site. Dan

Danho, thanks very kindly for your generous donation to RBF! 🙂 I have thought of you a number of times this past year and wonder often how your young one is doing. When you can, would love to hear an update on her progress.

Currently looking into the PayPal option for the forum and on the main site. Hopefully, it will be a reasonable thing to do cost/benefit-wise.

danho
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Sorry, I was out of town last week and I did not get a chance to response your email in timely. I finally took my little daughter to visit Dr. B in PA. Now, she has no joint pain on her hand and left ankle. She finished her swimming class last year, and she is currently taking Martial Arts class after school. Sometimes, I have to take her for roller-skating twice a week.

Thanks

Dan

jnbhubregs
    Participant

Finding branded Minocin at a reasonable price has become increasingly complex due to industry consolidation. The best alternative, as I have pointed out onthis site over several years, would be to use an FDA approved generic. THE DATA PUBLISHED ON FDA’s WEB SITE CLEARLY SHOWS GENERIC EQUIVALENTS TO BE AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN BRAND MINOCIN DURING IN-VITRO DISSOLUTION TESTS. I have a copy of one of the graphic displays comparing Minocin with generic. If you leave your e-mail I will mail it. Now that Steifel has been absorbed into GSK, the Steifel Canada web site is not functioning and I do not know if the Canadian Minocin is still available. It was made for Steifel by the Lederle facility which still makes it for Triax. Most of you know what Triax is charging for brand Minocin. A travesty, if you ask me. If you go to jandrugs.com, a Canadian pharmacy, you will find Minocin MR ( a modified release pelleted capsule made by Meda and approved in the UK). The original Minocin was not a timed release product even though it was pelletized. This site lists prices for 100 mg MR capsules, for U.S. capsules and for other generic minocyclines, including by Watson Labs, a trusted source. They provide a phone number so you can talk directly with the pharmacy 1-866-395-3784. I have taken 100 mg doxycycline for eight years, alternating days with Avelox 400 mg, a quinolone antibiotic. My systemic scleroderma, rated as aggressive in 2004 is, in my assessment and my doc’s, 90% improved, including the early pulmonary fibrosis. I thank Road Back, Dr. Brown and Henry Scammel every day for pointing me to AP and thank my cooperating non-rheumatology physicians who prescribed the life saving regimen.
    Bill h.,Ph.D.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.