Home Forums General Discussion Interstitial Lung Fibrosis

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1583]snow[/user] wrote:

Can you tell me what NAC is? Thanks Snow

Hi Snow,

A warm welcome and very nice to meet you :D, though sorry you had to see us out.

NAC = N-Acetyl Cysteine

You'll find lots on the web about it, but here is a Wiki article that includes a brief summary of its effects on interstitial lung disease (though it has been edited to ask author to include citation of source):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcysteine

“Interstitial lung disease

Acetylcysteine is used in the treatment of interstitial lung disease to prevent disease progression.”

Essentially, NAC is a precursor to glutathione production in the liver, which is a major detoxifying agent for the body.

Hope this helps?

Peace, Maz

Deb-AZ
    Participant

NAC is a precursor to glutathione. Here is a link to a MedicineNet article.   If you search this site for both NAC and glutathione, you'll find a lot better explanation than i can give.  Also, look at the beginning of this thread posting.  I've just started glutathione theraphy myself so I don't have any success to post yet.

Did they say how much fibrosis or how long its been there?

Blessings,

Deb

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50746

Kim
    Participant

Hi Snow,

I also wanted to welcome you to the Roadback forum and hope you can find some answers here.

In addition to the NAC, you might also want to do a search on Neprinol (digestive enzymes) and read about it's fibrotic-busting properties.  It's done wonders in dissolving old scar tissue and thinning my blood for better circulation.  A note, that a starting dose is greater than what's on the label and must be taken on an empty stomach.

Take care…..kim

klogan
    Participant

What is happening to this cute dog in your avatar picture? I simply have to know…

Deb-AZ
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed response.

It was a toy; an open weave ball.  She would either drag it around by the tether it had or she would stick her head through the openings and chew on it.

klogan
    Participant

Dogs are truly wonderful.

Deb-AZ
    Participant

Absolutely!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ Interstitial Lung Fibrosis’ is closed to new replies.