Home Forums General Discussion Interesting Research in Germany; Switzerland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hopefulmama
    Participant

I read this article about research being conducted in Berlin and Switzerland and thought many people on the forum might be interested, if it hasn’t already been posted. I’ve been out of the loop for a long while so my apologies if this is a repeat!

Just another confirmation that we are all on the right track…

Best wishes to all!!!

Microflora Have Decisive Role With Autoimmune Illnesses, Some Good, Some Bad

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120405075223.htm

A Friend
    Participant

@hopefulmama wrote:

I read this article about research being conducted in Berlin and Switzerland and thought many people on the forum might be interested, if it hasn’t already been posted. I’ve been out of the loop for a long while so my apologies if this is a repeat!

Just another confirmation that we are all on the right track…

Best wishes to all!!!

Microflora Have Decisive Role With Autoimmune Illnesses, Some Good, Some Bad

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120405075223.htm

Hopeful,
    Thanks for sharing this great link. I found other references in it that caught my eye. Fortunately, I copied the link I’m pasting below, or I wouldn’t be able to find it again… as I wandered among many other topics in your original link above. An important thing to know, I believe, is for us also to know that in this link where it discusses cholesterol and autoimmune illnesses is that suppressing cholesterol — based on much reading of research by Pauling, Cathcart, et al — is the strong statement by them that cholesterol is raised by sugars and starches, not fats, and that statins can be harmful, especially since they destroy some of our CoQ10 made by the body for ATP (heart energy) and cholesterol is a good guy needed for many bodily functions; so, to achieve what this link encourages to protect from unfriendly organisms and illness and a breeding ground for them, getting rid of sugars and starches in our diet, and our addictions to them, should be key to helping overcome illness brought on by unfriendly organisms that grow and feed on them. (I’m not stating this very well or concisely, but am hoping to find the exact paragraph again and paste it here for all to read.) It was good to hear from you again.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110308172940.htm

EDIT: The link took me right back to the cholesterol information. Re-reading it, it looks as if the scientists are assuming that cholesterol-lowering drugs may be useful. I’m betting, based on the orthomolecular research elsewhere, that it would be better if we lower our cholesterol with a good diet without all the sugars and starches which actually cause cholesterol to become hiigh and these foods are also among the most acidic food. Our cholesterol would go down, and we would not be feeding/maintaining a host of unfriendly organisms (yeast & fungus) which love an acidic environment. And, we would not be zapping our good cholesterol needed by the body for repair and for heart energy. If you go to the link just above, while there glance to the right of the article under the captions to needed functions of cholesterol. Big Pharma sells lots of cholesterol-lowering drugs, and these are also having some bad effects on many taking them.

AF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.