Home Forums General Discussion Interesting article-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lneal
    Participant
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Redknee;
    I totally agree with using pred at a low dose for a short while,I was able to keep steady on just 2mg a day for several months.
    People with Poly 3 antibodies should never touch the stuff because of a high chance of renal failure.Thank God I did not have that antibody but it took no time at all even on such a low dose to gain weight and get that terrible moon face.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi lneal,

Nice to see you!!! This topical has been around for a number of years and was discussed on Eurolyme in 2011:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3416

The problem with relying on a topical antibiotic preparation is that ticks pass more than Lyme and one type of antibiotic may not be adequate. The other serious issue is that most people have no idea when they got bitten as they either don’t get a rash or it’s somewhere hidden from site. If a rash does appear it is usually several days to weeks after the bite. As this topical is only effective if used within a few days, some people may apply it to a rash thinking they are just dandy but not realizing they’ve had the infection for some time. If memory recalls right, the Lyme advocacy groups discussed this topical and concluded it was a misleading and detrimental treatment option, all in all.

Wish Lyme was as easy to prevent as putting some ointment on a bite, but this bug is a master at burrowing through tissues and disseminating into the bloodstream rather quickly. Maybe there is still limited topical worth in treating a bite that has gone a bit septic?

What are your thoughts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.