Home Forums General Discussion Insomnia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    darling787
    Participant

Hi All! I haven’t posted in awhile! Overall, I am doing much better. I’ve been on 2,000mg of penicillin/ day to treat my high ASO titer since July and I am finally having a lot more windows! My ASO titer continues to fall so I’m hoping and praying I’m the road to recovery! My energy is definitely improving but as a result I am having A LOT of trouble sleeping. I think after being a zomby for over a year my body doesn’t know how to adjust. I’ve tried every herbal supplement! I recently tried lunesta but it made me feel so sick. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

richie
    Participant

benadryl

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Are you still taking magnesium? If so, how much and what kind are you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Darling, I would be very leery of Lunesta, Ambien, and the other drugs that are prescribed for insomnia. They have many side effects and you already have such a complex cocktail of prescriptions and supplements. Have you tried working with other natural sleep support — such as exercise, yoga, meditation, baths, essential oils, melatonin, etc. Avoid blue light/computer use in the evening, use a mask to completely block out light. There may be some items in your supplement list that are really interfering with your sleep. Perhaps cut them out, one by one, to see the effects.

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Have you tried the Exec/ vit B supplement? Taking
    One tab three times a day as well as the magnesium
    works wonders for me. Cannot sleep without them. They are
    expensive however one of our supermarket’s has it on
    special every so often so I get enough till next time
    otherwise I would not be able to do it. Hope this helps
    Magnesium relaxes your muscles & B’s your nerves. Hope this helps
    Need your sleep.

Susan
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new here. First post and trying to figure this out.

I’m Sue and my 13-yr-old daughter is awaiting her first rheumatologist appointment. Meanwhile the pediatrician says he’s pretty certain it is arthritis. We are from Montreal, Canada. I’ve been reading the inspiring stories and hope that Chris and Nuket from Canada can please reach out and just provide some support. Or anyone with experience with juvenile RA please as I am so scared for my baby. Thank you so much.

Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.