Home Forums General Discussion Infrared Sauna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    laurawm
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am considering purchasing an infrared sauna for detox. I know many of you have posted in various threads what sauna you use, but I was wondering from those of you who are using or have used an infrared sauna in the past if you might list here what brand and model you use(d) and your personal thoughts on pros and cons of your particular sauna, as well as infrared detox in general? Is it worth the benefit/cost versus other cheaper forms of detox?

Thanks in advance,
    Laura

dotsdaughter2
    Participant

any info would be wonderful

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

if you type ‘infrared model’ into the search box at the top of General Discussion front page (that is, where topics are listed) alot of posts will come up detailing which models people have bought

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Laura, I’ve posted a link in my Personal Progress Thread to the model I picked and reasons why I chose that particular one. If you click on the link in my sig line and scroll to the third post down, you should find it. 😉 Let me know if you have any trouble.

There are lots of models out there – blankets, tents, portable wooden cabin kits, ones where you can sit and have your head out the top, etc. The most important elements for me was a whole body sauna, using carbon-panels (not ceramic heated), no toxic materials/glues and varnishes, etc., that fit in the space I had available (check dimensions of any model you like). Also, power cord requirements (any special plug needed especially for ones going in a bathroom). Comfort is an issue and ease of cleaning. FIR saunas produce dry, radiated heat, so you sweat, but can at least breathe easily. I wanted one that was roomie enough so that I could sit in it comfortably on a regular basis for at least 30 mins and read or listen to music. Some models come with a built-in radio or CD player. All this needs to be considered in terms of what is affordable. For me, this was a lifestyle change that I wanted to use regularly for many years to come, so I wanted a decent, long-lasting model. Some folks can’t stand having their head get hot and breathing (if one has compromised lung function) or claustrophobia can be an issue, so the kind where one’s head is out in the open might be preferred for some.

Just some things to consider…hope this might help in some way.

cavalier
    Participant

Laura – Hi take a look under a different topic called Ultra violet lamp or something like that a recent thread while a FIR Sauna is a totally different animal the subject came up there & it was discusssed on various FIR Saunas & benies there.

Best – Jill Lyme

laurawm
    Participant

Thanks Lynnie, Maz, and Jill. I’ll keep in mind the points you made, Maz, when searching and I did look at the link to your model. My local hot tub shop does not sell anything under $3500 so this was actually encouraging price wise (not that it’s cheap, just trying to get a break anywhere I can these days).

I do think it’s time for me to go in this direction – not sure how to make it through so much herxing otherwise.

Thankful for you all this Thanksgiving,
    Laura

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.