Home Forums General Discussion Inflammation and joint damage

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Hi DMW,

How much LDN were you taking?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Maz–
    I do see that now, upon closer reading :).

That is my wish also for 2016!!

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

DMW
    Participant

Phil, I was taking .5 to 1 mg. I had a major flare on it and it took quite awhile to settle. I seem to have become hypersensitive to everything. I just tried 2.5 mg of cortef (low adrenal function) and I was taking celebrex. One of these caused an itchy rash on my back that looks like shingles. I have stopped both. I had big hopes that LDN would calm down my overactive immune system but it got worse.

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

PhilC
    Participant

Hi DMW,

I seem to have become hypersensitive to everything. I just tried 2.5 mg of cortef (low adrenal function) and I was taking celebrex. One of these caused an itchy rash on my back that looks like shingles. I have stopped both.

Celebrex (celecoxib) is a sulfonamide (“sulfa drug”), so if I had to bet which drug caused your itchy rash, Celebrex is the one I would bet on. Also, itching, rash, and hives are listed as possible (serious) side effects of Celebrex.

See: Celecoxib: MedlinePlus Drug Information

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Spiffy

When you say your second mold tests were higher, what testing was done? Was it C4A complement? Or was it more for a mold allergy? I am most interested in this.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

DMW
    Participant

My LLND ordered testing done through Real Time Lab. It’s a urine test.

I have tried for Lyme…minocycline, Cowden protocol, and cannabutter. I’ve had a herx with Folinic acid, magnesium, moducare, xylitol, apple cider vinegar, TADS (adrenal support), activated charcoal, LDN, herbal made by my LLND and a 50 billion probiotic. I have been clinically diagnosed with Bartonella and mycoplasma. My Lyme testing was inconclusive-band 41 was double starred and I had about 4 indefnite…but I was also on cannabutter at the time (a natural antibiotic). I have high reverse T3 and low T

Spiffy

If you can ever learn the name of the mold urinalysis test I would really appreciate you posting it. Thank you!

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

DMW
    Participant

It’s called Mycotoxin panel. It tests for ochratoxin, aflatoxin, and trichothecene.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.