Home Forums General Discussion increasing mino dose

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeni
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been on in a long time!

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine regarding mino dosage. I have been on 100 mg mino everyday since July 1, 2010, and I was doing great until recently. It seems as if I have started getting more and more stiff and sore since December-ish. I know that the recommended dosage is 100 mg 2x a day, but I was great on 100mg 1x a day. Has anyone else noticed that they have needed to increase their dosage after feeling great? It just makes me wonder why things have changed for me.

I have started to increase my dosage (slowly!!!!) and I feel better after only taking one extra 100 mg dose on Saturday. Do any of you take different amounts of mino on different days? I know that I can’t just jump to 100 mg 2x a day, because when I tried that I experienced horrendous dizziness.

Thanks,

Jeni

gordbentley
    Participant

i was in remission for 4 months on 50mg M W F, but then i fell off and upped it to 100mg M W F. i had an immediate difference and all the pain went away again. i dont know what this means though 😯 i hope it keeps working

gordbentley
    Participant

did you change anything in your diet? im trying to figure out why it stopped working at the dosage i was taking. once i upped my dosage the massive two week flare i had dissappeared faster then any flare ive ever had left. very confusing

Jeni
    Participant

Hi Gord,
    Well, I have to confess to going crazy eating a ton of gluten filled foods, and the occasional dairy type food for the month of December! I have been avoiding gluten and dairy for almost 10 years now, but occasionally I go crazy. Usually any flare ups go away after a week, but it’s been weeks now, and despite staying away from the bad stuff, I was still getting worse. Like you, increasing my dose with just one extra 100 mg capsule on Saturday made me a ton better. The only other thing I did was to start working out on my new treadmill. Exercise has always helped me a lot. My fear is that mino is only functioning as an anti inflammatory and that I am still experiencing damage to my joints. I had blood drawn about three months ago and my sed rate was normal but I need to do more research to educate myself better. Currently, I am only using my family doctor to help me with the mino. In essence, it’s all up to me to figure this out.

My other rationale for trying the mino idea is that I don’t want to die of cancer like my mom did. She also had RA and I am convinced that the drugs killed her. I already have had one malignant basal cell skin cancer removed from my chest. She died from basal cell cancer that spread internally…..apparently very rare. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this works for me.

Like you, I have had an amazing reduction in pain and swelling with mino. It must do something because I’ve had RA since I was 25, and 20 years later I have been doing well on just the mino and no prescription anti inflammatories. I usually only take ibuprofen once in a great while, and it’s usually for my sinuses! When I realized that I was taking it everyday, I knew something was wrong, and upped my dosage. We’ll see what happens….

Jeni

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.