Home Forums General Discussion Increased Bun

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    snglbear24
    Participant

Hi. I have been having blood labs done monthly. I just got my labs back and my BUN has increased from 16 to 23 in a month. I looked back over the years and mine has consistently been 16. Is this because of the antibiotic? Should I be worried. This was a increase in a months time.

Thank you.

Stacy

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

richie
    Participant

Hi It could be because of antibiotic but more likely it could well be slight dehydration –do you drink 50–64 oz daily of water or seltzer —

snglbear24
    Participant

I drink a lot of water. I read online that it can cause increase in BUN. I do remember thinking I hadn’t drank much before the test after fasting. I checked my Creatine and protein and they did not change. Do u think it’s anything to wort about. Thanks Ritchie.

Diffused Scleroderma/SLE Overlap
    Minocycline June 2016 2 x 100 daily
    Culturelle Probiotic 2 x daily
    Tumeric 400 mg 3 x daily

jasregadoo

I’d say since you get it tested monthly, drink a lot of water prior to your next test, and see if there’s a difference.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Stacy;
    Since you are herxing so badly I think it might be related.Here is the best explanation I have ever seen.
    https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161

Spiffy

I know my eGFR went down to 77. I purposely drank a lot less water than I usually do on my next test. It went back to 96. My BUN was actually one point low drinking a lot of water. Without drinking too much water the next time they did not test my BUN because my creatinine was really good. Definitely your hydration level makes a difference.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Calida
    Participant

Hi Stacy;
    Since you are herxing so badly I think it might be related.Here is the best explanation I have ever seen.
    https://chronicillnessrecovery.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161

Lynne, that was the best, most straightforward description of AP and Herxing I’ve read, a “must read” for anyone considering or beginning AP as well as anyone who is worried about symptoms while using antibiotics.

“Wanting to know specifically why certain symptoms occur is micromanaging the process and unnecessary. It’s best not to try to fit every symptom into a category (herx, hormone readjustment, old symptom revisited, etc.). If patients are patient with the therapeutic process and have confidence it will work, they will eventually forget they ever had these symptoms.”

Best advice ever!

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

richie
    Participant

Hi If I recall BUN of 23 is nothing to worry about —Of course you dont want it to keep rising -Excellent that you monitor it every month !!!!! If I remember Dr T told me over 30 is a red flag !!!!————richie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.