Home Forums General Discussion im back, with psoriasis…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

Hey guys, its been, awhile. I have been off minocycline for a few years, when I first came here I only had arthritis and minocycline was my silver bullet. About nine months ago I developed psoriasis, so now im back. I’ve had some success with a gluten dairy free diet but now I think I need something more. I remember hearing some success with others and their psoriasis. Anybody care to share some knowledge ? Many thanks in advance 🙂

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hi, gordbentley:

Many people with AS get psoriasis, also. I believe that this aspect of the disease is due to the underlying cause of the condition: Permeable gut, or LGS (Leaky Gut Syndrome). And I have been informed by some researchers who are working on this problem that psoriasis is caused by a different germ than causes AS, but it is as-yet unproven and unidentified.

The best thing is to eat gut-friendly foods like yoghurt, lychee fruit, okra, and similar things and supplement with the vitC, lysine, niacin/niacinamide, vitD, and vitE. If AS is part of the disease, or sometimes mis-identified as PsA, it is better to totally avoid starches and especially all breaded and deep-fried foods, not just gluten.

I would do a ‘reset’ diet (“Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” movie), and then continue with an elimination diet to see which foods provoke the psoriasis.

I had pustular variety that came on very rapidly after eating any starches, but had very few scalar lesions, and I do not know how long it takes to produce these, but they are stubborn.

Additionally, adding colloidal silver to my antibiotic protocol (Mercola recently touted a study promoting a synergistic effect combining AP with CS) I would try on a rare basis, but today would consider taking it continually, also adding the occasional round of Flagyl to my standard AP.

Hope You overcome this soon,
    HEALTH,
    John

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Gord – missed your humour and general uplifting attitude round here – but sorry you’re having this new issue. DragonSlayer is a very knowledgeable guy and has a long history of success so, if it were me, his words of wisdom would be the starting point for me in investigations for ways to address this new fork in the road. Keep us in the loop

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Anonymous
    Participant

@DragonSlayer wrote:

Additionally, adding colloidal silver to my antibiotic protocol (Mercola recently touted a study promoting a synergistic effect combining AP with CS) I would try on a rare basis, but today would consider taking it continually, also adding the occasional round of Flagyl to my standard AP.

Hi DragonSlaye
    where can I find this article I would be interested, I recently purchased colloidal silver.

to be careful whit Flagyl.. I’ve read that can damage the tendons and muscles 😕

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, flower:

Research on Antibiotics Reveals Silver Acts as a Booster, While Mixing Certain Antibiotics with Statins Can Be Devastating is a pretty good article.

All drugs and especially antibiotics but even more especially otc NSAIDs are very dangerous and should be taken and undertaken with extreme caution and awareness of side effects.

HEALTH,
    John

Anonymous
    Participant

@DragonSlayer wrote:

Hello, flower:

Research on Antibiotics Reveals Silver Acts as a Booster, While Mixing Certain Antibiotics with Statins Can Be Devastating is a pretty good article.

All drugs and especially antibiotics but even more especially otc NSAIDs are very dangerous and should be taken and undertaken with extreme caution and awareness of side effects.

HEALTH,
    John

Hi jonh thank you very much ….very important article :geek:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.