Home Forums General Discussion I’m back

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    frhorngal
    Participant

Hello Dear RBF Forum Members- lovely to ‘see’ so many familiar faces and some new ones as well. I was an active member on the board about 5 or 6 years ago- (diagnosed 8 or 9 years ago)- I started with minocycline, then moved to several other abx for a lengthy journey down the Lyme wormhole, detoxed with a strict Autoimmune paleo diet and had a (brief) period of near remission. I contracted a kidney infection last November and my RA came back with a vengeance. Since then, I have had several new erosions form and a fracture in my ankle. I also score high on the majority of inflammation markers=

I’ve been on Plaquenil for 2 months and have been using Meriva, a highly bioavailable form of curcumin, to help bring down inflammation but it’s not enough. My rheumy, a brilliant and wonderful doctor who takes an integrative approach and believes in AP, is willing to let me try Minocin again. (brand name only, 100mg BID)

I guess I am just scared…I want this to work so badly- The prospect of Methotrexate and the biologics terrify me but they are my next step if this fails.

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

vinny
    Participant

I have been taking 7.5mg of weekly Methotrexate for over two years now and can’t point to any side effects. I also take 2.5mg of daily prednisone. I think the Mtx and Prednisone make the Minocycline more effective at a lower level and minimizes any herx reaction.

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.