Home Forums General Discussion I’m at the end of my rope

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    matv
    Participant

Hi Mary,

Through my research last week, I found out practicing LLMDs were extinct in Canada. This is because the last known doctor came under review and no longer can treat people.

It’s apparently also illegal foe doctors in Ontario to prescribe longer than a few week course of abx as well, not to mention practicing Lyme literacy in Ontario is also illegal.

There is a big conspiracy going on, and I believe Steven Harper’s government may be behind it. (He’s basically the Canadian bush). I also don’t think anyone cares about Lyme because most people can live with it long term, and the complications that Lyme has been linked to make way too many people way too much money.

Apparently the oath of “do no harm” means nothing when money’s involved. >:/

Parisa
    Participant

Mat,

What about for acne? I’m sure there are people getting antibiotics long term for acne. I’ve seen people get treatment in roundabout ways over the years whether its treating their Lyme with “acne” medications, self treating (not particularly recommended), traveling out of country, etc.

matv
    Participant

Hi Parisa. 🙂

Glad you rose that point. Before doxycycline, my acne on my face/behind my head were uncontrolled and horrible. I could always raise the point that I need it for that! I certainly have some skin scarring to prove it.

Take care!

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Mat,

As I said earlier, do what you have to do. I’ve been there.

matv
    Participant

Thank you Parisa, I will.

I would also like to thank everyone else who’s given me strength and such these past few weeks. I’ve come a long way in the faith and hope department..compared to the first post in this thread. I appreciate everyone. Thank you once more.

DianaW13
    Participant

@marypart wrote:

It’s apparently also illegal foe doctors in Ontario to prescribe longer than a few week course of abx as well

Hi Mat,
    I live in Ontario also. I don’t know who told you that this is illegal. In December I located 300 50mg Minocyline caps (they are no longer made in Canada so I called around and found them. They don’t expire until end of October 2012) My doctor wrote me a bulk prescription for them no problem.

Diana

matv
    Participant

@DianaW13 wrote:

I live in Ontario also. I don’t know who told you that this is illegal. In December I located 300 50mg Minocyline caps (they are no longer made in Canada so I called around and found them. They don’t expire until end of October 2012) My doctor wrote me a bulk prescription for them no problem.

Diana

Hi Diana,

It’s information I acquired while doing Lyme research. Anyone who consistently prescribes long term abx comes under review. That’s why there are no more (known) LLMDs in Canada. I’ll try to find links for my sources.

Maz
    Keymaster

@matv wrote:

@DianaW13 wrote:

Diana

Hi Diana,

It’s information I acquired while doing Lyme research. Anyone who consistently prescribes long term abx comes under review. That’s why there are no more (known) LLMDs in Canada. I’ll try to find links for my sources.

Hi Matt and Diana,

You’re both right…minocycline is an approved ACR DMARD for RA and can be used long term if prescribed by a doctor for this purpose. However, Lyme Literate docs are under scrutiny for treating chronic Lyme with longterm abx and risk license removal as the Infectious Diseases Society of America will not acknowledge a chronic form of Lyme disease. Other countries, such as Canada, UK and Australia are following or using IDSA treatment guidelines as a standard from which to draw similar conclusions in their own respective countries.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.