Home Forums General Discussion ILADs Conference in Live Streaming Format

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

For anyone who is interested in Lyme disease and associated tickborne infections, you can watch the whole ILADs (Intl Lyme and Associated Diseases Society) conference that is being held up in Toronto, Canada, beginning tomorrow, running Friday through to Sun.

The conference will be shown in real time (EST), live streaming format, so you would need to watch as the conference unfolds as it will not be archived, as far as I am aware.

The Conference Itinerary can be viewed here:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_programs/2011_conference_program_online.pdf

Live video streaming here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ilads-2011-lyme-disease-conference

An AP Physician, Dr. R in CA (she compiled the new Our Roads Back book), who has also received ILADs training will be one of the conference speakers, focusing her presentation on PANDAs – Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections.

Maz
    Keymaster

Just bumping this up – it’s playing now for anyone interested. There were technical difficulties for a while, but running fine at the moment.

NancyB
    Participant

Was just watching and thought I would check in here to see if this had been posted….thought you would be on top of it , Maz! It’s great to be able to hear it as it is happening. Next year the conference will be in Boston.

Maz
    Keymaster

@NancyB wrote:

Next year the conference will be in Boston.

That’s great to hear, Nancy…I’ll definitely try to go to that one!

For anyone who missed the earlier ILADs speaker presentations of today due to technical difficulties, ILADs will make these available and notify you if you go to the following link and add your name and email to the notification list:

http://tinyurl.com/3ffh4ub

nspiker
    Participant

Maz,

Thanks for posting the ILADS link and reminding us of the live streaming. I listened to some of the broadcast with Dr. H. He’s a wealth of information, but you have to listen closely to follow him. I think they’ve already had a run on cryptolepsis, since he has had success using it for babesia. Tried to order some, and they were out of stock, and the phone number couldn’t take any more new messages ๐Ÿ˜› .

nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

@nspiker wrote:

I think they’ve already had a run on cryptolepsis, since he has had success using it for babesia. Tried to order some, and they were out of stock, and the phone number couldn’t take any more new messages ๐Ÿ˜› .

Nancy, I had such a giggle seeing your note as I had a wide-eyed moment listening to Dr. H. speak about this herb and had taken note of the supplier mentioned….then our power went out in one of the biggest snow storms to hit our area since I’ve lived here (15 years)!!!! We’ve had about 14 inches of heavy white stuff and have been without power for about 20 hours. The house turned to an ice-box overnight…so really grateful to have the hot air heating back on again.

Well,I got up all excited to catch the last of the Plenary Sessions Q & A and was looking forward to hearing some of “the greats” share their wisdom…but the video streaming seems like it went down again, just minutes before I logged on. This conference has had some really huge technical probs in this regard. So, I’ve missed about 3/4 of this conference what with the tech issues and power outage. Geez…guess it just wasn’t meant to be for me. Hopefully, the BetterHealthGuy will do his usual amazing summaries of the sessions for us.

Trudi
    Participant

We’ve had about 14 inches of heavy white stuff and have been without power for about 20 hours. The house turned to an ice-box overnight…so really grateful to have the hot air heating back on again.

Hi Maz–
    Oh, my! None of your weather has been in the “average” range of late! Glad to hear your power is on and your positive attitude still intact!
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Isn’t this a little early for the worst storm in 15 years ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ? Hope you huddled up with your hubby and found a way to keep warm. Glad you power’s back on – heard that it may take a week for some to get power back. We had a blackout a month or so ago which shut down San Diego. That only lasted about 12 hours, and we couldn’t figure out what to do with ourselves.

I’ve got to pass along something that I heard listening to the “experts” today, in-between the technical problems. A question came in from the audience asking about a patient that had Scleroderma/lyme for 15 years and had used steriods. One of the doctors, (I think Dr. J.) responded with a comment that Rheumatologists actually have some diseases of their own that don’t overlap with lyme. I thought, hmmm, now there really is an opportunity for Roadback to educate on lyme and SD ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

nancy

Maz
    Keymaster

@nspiker wrote:

I’ve got to pass along something that I heard listening to the “experts” today, in-between the technical problems. A question came in from the audience asking about a patient that had Scleroderma/lyme for 15 years and had used steriods. One of the doctors, (I think Dr. J.) responded with a comment that Rheumatologists actually have some diseases of their own that don’t overlap with lyme. I thought, hmmm, now there really is an opportunity for Roadback to educate on lyme and SD ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Thanks for sharing that important tidbit, Nancy. Was that Dr. J in New Haven or in Wash DC? I’m guessing the former? Yes, very definitely a place for RBF at these types of conferences to share findings and it’s something that it’s hoped will be on the agenda at future such meetings. Creating a statistical database for interested researchers could be critical for future research into infectious causes for SD in this context. I’ve spoken to both my LLMDs (my old one and new one) and both are aware of the SD/”Lyme mix” connection and the efficacy of treating with abx, as are many now. I guess it just goes to show that every doc and researcher will have their own views and these conferences are useful venues for pooling all views. It’s kind of interesting hearing conference speakers being interviewed after their presentations, as sometimes you can pick up very clear cues of their area of specialty bias.

Thanks, Trudi and Nancy, for your very kind thoughts for us here in CT after the big snow event and power outages. In my town, 1/3 were affected by power outages and 50% of those were still without power last night and needing to go into shelters to get warm. We had 5 recorded state of emergency alerts by phone last night, but don’t know how anyone who relies on charging their home phones on electricity would get those messages – especially the elderly who can’t get out to phone charging stations. On our street, nearly every home lost a big tree and the city is out there now, chopping them up and hauling them away. We considered ourselves fortunate, as we were only without power for 20 hours and one night. Some may not get power restored for another day or two. Thanks so much for thinking of us – it really was a bizarre blizzard event for this time of year…totally unexpected, as we’re still usually getting days in the 50fs and 60fs at this time of year.

james99
    Participant

Live streaming rocks as always..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.