Home Forums General Discussion IgG, Mycoplasma, and Anti-Inflammatory Diet Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    torontogirl
    Participant

Hello,

I have UCTD with features of scleroderma and I am exploring the idea of starting AP. I have heard that it is wise to get some testing done before starting AP to determine if you have a mycoplasma infection, food allergies/sensitivities, or Lyme Disease as these may be contributing factors to autoimmune disease as well. I’ve seen a doctor who incorporates some alternative practices and eastern medicine into his treatment plans (I think you would call him an Environmental MD in the US). I discussed my experience with him in another discussion topic — basically, he does not prescribe AP until treatments with Hydrogen Peroxide and Chelation have failed. However, he was happy to run the mycoplasma and food allergy tests. The mycoplasma test screened for the DNA of 6 different organisms (it was ordered through Igenex) and all came back negative. The doctor’s secretary called me to tell me that and said, “The doctor said that this doesn’t exclude “other organisms” and you should still pursue therapy.” I’m a bit confused, particularly since I haven’t met with him to discuss these results. He basically said (when I first met him) that figuring out what the infectious agent was is purely an academic exercise. Even if you can’t identify it, you take measures to eradicate it. But if I have no evidence that I have an infection, why would I pursue treatment for one? I would love to hear your thoughts on this one!

I’ve talked about my issues regarding Lyme testing in another thread too. Since I was bitten by a tick in Northern Europe (Denmark) I’m having a hard time finding a lab that has reliable tests for the types of organisms carried by ticks there. So far I can only find companies able to test for the pathogens common to North America.

The IgG food allergy test (through US Biotek) came back with high positive reactions to eggs, sugar cane, casein, whey, milk, yogurt, cheese, and almonds. I was considering starting an anti-inflammatory diet which usually cuts out gluten, dairy, and sugar. Based on the results, it would be smart to try eliminating sugar and dairy for a while, but I had no reaction to wheat/gluten. Does anyone know if gluten is an inflammatory food for everyone, or just those with an allergy/intolerance? I’ll be sad to cut out almonds since I sometimes drink almond milk or eat almond milk ice-cream and those make a nice substitute for dairy products. Alas! But I’m willing to give it a chance and see if my symptoms improve.

Many thanks for any comments or responses!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi TG.
    A lot of us here have a gluten intolorance but never had it years ago,so we think that the disease could have caused it.On the other hand maybe we had it and did not know and it upset our guts and therefore our immune systems.It is a bit like what came first,the chicken or the egg.
    There are over 150 types of mico-plasma and God knows how many types of Lyme co-infections that we would go broke if we tested for all.If you read the Marshall protocol,Cure my th!immune or Bacteriality sites you will read lots of posts where people develop many food sensitivities over the course of the disease.
    I think my illness might have started when I went to Mexico.My hubby got us a fantastic resort and we mostly ate there.,It was a 5 star resort but I got as sick as a dog.In my younger years as an archeologist working there I any any street food,slept in dives and crawled through old poop and dirt with never a problem.Since 70% of our immune system is in the gut I can see that after 6 days of misery,despite Immodium,that something serious happened to my gut.Things went along almost normally for 8 years but I came down with rotator cuff and later neck problems that took 2-3 years to get better.It might be co-incedense or it could have been the Lyme I likely already had that came to life as my immune system could not fight it anymore.Add the stress of caring for my mom with Altzheimer’s,renovating an old house and setting up my business all at the same time just wiped out my immune system.These are my guesses. I used to have a cast iron stomach and slowly came down with all these weird food sesitivities. I guess I will never know for sure but have some retty good guesses.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

TG – you might want to take a look at this publication from Igenex which states that their WB test does pick up European strains. http://www.igenex.com/innovations3.pdf

You could also call them to discuss. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.