Home Forums General Discussion IGeneX for CD57?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mpw
    Participant

I”m just going through a bunch of my labs and had forgotten that I had CD57 done both at Labcorp and IGeneX. I’ve always read that Labcorp is the place to use, but I would hope IGeneX knows what they are doing with this test?

Thanks much.

Karel
    Participant

There are other places where you can have this test done as well. If ordered by a docter, your insurance will probably pay if done by Labcorps and I believe they are the creaters of this test. More important is that blood needs to be rather fresh, I believe, so your local Labcorps seems more appropriate than even overnight shipping. I decided not to include the test with my Igenex order for all those reasons but instead have my docter write a requisition for Labcorps. Not suggesting that Igenex is not good or so!
    Karel

mpw
    Participant

Thanks for responding.

Yes, understood about Labcorp, but there is still the issue that Labcorp needs to send it to it’s specific two locations. Not every Labcorp location can do the test properly. So, get drawn at a local location, they send it to their main location and then it gets sent overnight, I hope, to the two locations that do it properly. Either way, Labcorp or IGeneX, it’s going to be over night shipping.

Karel
    Participant

Didn’t know about Labcorp having to send to two specific locations. That’s good to know thanks! Do you know where? There is a lab as well in Austin, TX, Pathology Laboratories (CPL) I believe, if that would be in your neighborhood co-incidentally.
    Thanks!

mpw
    Participant

“Monday through Thursday and sent immediately to either LabCorp in Burlington, NC, or Clinical
    Pathology Laboratories (CPL) in Austin, TX. LabCorp and CPL are the only two labs that perform this test properly”

http://heallyme.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/understanding-the-cd-57-test/

These are the two labs that do it correctly. As you mentioned CPL is one of them. I am many states from TX, I’m afraid.

To be honest, I don’t trust my local Labcorp to send it immediately to their Burlington location. It goes from my local draw site to their main office in another city, that evening. I’m sure it doesn’t move again at the very earliest the next day for overnight delivery for the following day (2 days later) and that’s at it’s best. At it’s worst, how long does it take, no idea.

That said, I just looked at my IGeneX results and noticed that they didn’t get it for a number of days either. I’m sure I sent it overnight, but than what.

Was the test done within 12 hours as mentioned in the link above. Highly doubtful.

So, once again I have two very very conflicting results (one from Labcorp, one from IGeneX) which makes no sense. They sure do make it difficult to figure out what’s going on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.