Home Forums General Discussion I have my appointment for the trials

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hello all,
    Just to let you know, I’ve just opened my emails and the Professor has emailed me
    to say an appointment for the 16th May is on its way by post to see him, to take part in the BIP trials.

Can you believe this?

Love to you all
    Rosemary xx πŸ˜†

Lizz
    Participant

Rosie, so happy to see you’re in the trial. I really hope this will be the ticket for you and so many others. Take care, Lizz

Anonymous
    Participant

This is great news!!! We actually know someone who will be part of the trials, it’s like a priviledge πŸ˜‰

Congratulations, I wish you luck

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic news, Rosey!
    Will look forward to hearing about your appointment and your ongoing participation.
    Good for you – you so deserve this opportunity.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

Thats great news !!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thank you so much !!! xxx πŸ˜‰

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Rosie,
    What are the BIP trials ? Glad you are happy about it.

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Rosie,
    I am happy for you, I hope it works well for you. How long after the infusion will you see pain relief? I wonder when it is going to come the USA?

Rosey UK
    Participant

BIP trials,stand for binding immunoglobulin protein. Using patients own immune system to fight rheumatoid arthritis.

Reading further it also inhibits osteoclasts (bone eating cells) making it a potential therapy for osteoporosis, which I have too.

Hope this helps and I certainly hope that if its as good as anticipated which i really believe will be, that it will be available to everyone, everywhere. It puts patients into remission for months, then you go back for another I’VE. Can you imagine having this treatment along side the AP??? WOW!!!! πŸ˜†

Rosemary

JoAnnC68
    Participant

I’m Happy for you Rosemary! I’m wishing you the best…and keep us posted!!

Diagnosed with RA Jan 2012
    Oct 2015- RF has dropped to 19!!! Isn't that Great! ?! I'm feeling wonderful! I'm still taking Mino 2 x daily...if I don't forget!
    Oct 2014 RF has dropped to 23.1!! Taking Mino 100mg 2 x daily. No Pains & doing great!!
    Oct 2013-RF has dropped to 40.9!!! Feeling Wonderful!!
    7-17-2013 I'm going Great!! Still taking mino 100mg twice daily. No pains or Complaints!
    5-9-2013 RA Dr said I was doing good, I could stop taking prednisone since I dropped to 1/2 mg...so will

Eileen
    Participant

Rosemary,

That’s just great news — I hope this works out for you. So exciting…keep us posted on how you are doing.

Eileen

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Rosie – Hi – That is such fantastic news πŸ™‚ What a positive step forwards and I am so happy for you as I am sure everyone on this site is whoop whoop!!! Let’s hope you get the ‘remission’ you (and all who have this awful illness) deserve πŸ˜€ I also heard from Professor P (by email) but didn’t meet one of the criteria so I am really glad that one of our Roadbackers got there. You go girl Rosie πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

cavalier
    Participant

Best of luck with this therapy. I hope to read of your success with this down the road a bit.

Jill SD, Lyme, CPn, & Candida

Rosey UK
    Participant

Thank you Gill, and Patricia. Patricia you said you was going to look into it. But what happened? Did the Professor tell you by email that you weren’t a likely candidate?
    I’m totally confused.
    Please let me know. I’m going on holiday tomorrow so I hope to hear from you when I get back.
    All keep well
    Love Rosemary xxxx

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Hi Rosie πŸ™‚

I had a lovely email off Dr V C – she was so lovely πŸ™‚ Then I didn’t hear anything for quite a while and all of a sudden an email off Prof P – very nice too πŸ™‚ After he sent me all the info I had really decided that the journeys from the North East and the amount of times having to go to London on my own (husband working and no extended family) and staying overnight, would be more than I could cope with physically and emotionally – and I emailed him with this info – BUT in the meantime I got another email off a Dr C K (not sure if he realised Prof P had contacted me) asking me if I was still interested in the trial and the criteria was female (yes I qualify!) rheumatoid arthritis patients who had previously been tried on methotrexate (no I don’t qualify!). I have never been tried on methotrexate because of a liver problem so this would have discounted me for the trial. I didn’t query this because it wasn’t my intention to waste their time – I wasn’t intending to take it any further.

Now, I am not sure of your previous treatment Rosie BUT if you haven’t had methotrexate I wouldn’t be too concerned because Prof P – who must be the top guy – never mentioned this to me at all πŸ™‚ They come across as really nice people – kind – and I think it is going to be a positive experience for you and ultimately a positive experience for us all. Please let me know how you get along πŸ™‚

Have a fab holiday Rosie

Love Patricia x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.