Home Forums General Discussion I have difuse scleroderma

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Salome
    Participant

Dear Nancy,
    your kindness is amazing, thank you for the reply and for offering to pick me up and take me to the doctor,
    I have contacted the lab you recommend by e mail asking for a quote on the tests. I don’t have medical insurance, as I mentioned I just come to the States to visit my daugthers, I enjoy living in my house in South America. While staying in USA I want to improve my SD condition through research and from learning from other fellows that also deal with SD or other auto inmune diseases. Your suggestions are great and I am going to look into them. My daugther who lives in Southern CA, (Burbank) is going to pick me up this weekend to take me to her house. Over there I’m going to look for a LLMD from the list that I got from a couple of volunteers.
    God bless you Nancy, I hope you are soon free of any illness. Please keep in touch
    Sincerely
    Salome[/quote]

Salome
    Participant

I am not Salome, I’m her daughter. We lost the battle to Scleroderma/lung fibrosis last September 3rd. She went like a weak candle while I was by her side. My 83 year old beloved mom, fought her autoimmune illness until the end.
    She lived 10 years with this awfull illness and I truly believe that Minocin had a lot to do with giving her extra years in earth.
    Thank you all for replying to mom”s posts back in February, she followed all of your advice.
    I just want to share what she asked to be written in her tombstone;
    “Life is short and difficult…when you learn to live it’s your time to die” (Salome)

I miss her so much…
    Elsa

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Elsa – so very sorry that you have lost your beloved Mum and thank you stopping by to let us know at what must be such a sad time for you. Am very glad that you feel your Mother gained some additional years and time with you. My heart (and I’m sure everyone’s here) goes out to you.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mkbeeliever
    Participant

@Salome wrote:

I am not Salome, I’m her daughter. We lost the battle to Scleroderma/lung fibrosis last September 3rd. She went like a weak candle while I was by her side. My 83 year old beloved mom, fought her autoimmune illness until the end.
    She lived 10 years with this awfull illness and I truly believe that Minocin had a lot to do with giving her extra years in earth.
    Thank you all for replying to mom”s posts back in February, she followed all of your advice.
    I just want to share what she asked to be written in her tombstone;
    “Life is short and difficult…when you learn to live it’s your time to die” (Salome)

I miss her so much…
    Elsa

Dear Elsa,
    My heart truly goes out to you. I too just lost my mom to Lyme/Scleroderma. She died on Monday August 29th. I believe that the Antibiotics gave my amazing fighter of a mom extra years too.
    It sounds like your mom was an wonderful woman! Hopefully our mom’s will meet up in Heaven and compare notes and be the best of friends!
    Grieving beside you and sending you warm thoughts and prayers,
    Michelle

nspiker
    Participant

Dear Elsa,

My heart is breaking, again. I am so sorry you lost your mom….
    There was something about her that instantly touched me. I have thought of her often, and tried to reach her through private message a few months ago. You must have been the daughter that she lived with in CA. It sounds like you and your sister were wonderful daughters, and there for your mom in every way. I could tell your mom was wise and inquisitive, and willing to learn. She was so sick, and still had hope and the desire to learn and try new things. I am so sorry we could not have done more.

Elsa, you and Michelle have a lot in common. She lost her mom recently too, and is an amazing daughter, just like you. I want you to know that your mom touched me deeply, and I am so sorry for your loss. I know you will miss her forever, but she will walk beside you always.

nancy

Anonymous
    Participant

hello,
    i’ve recently moved to las vegas from california and am in desperate need of a LLMD, does anyone know of anyone here in las vegas? i appreciate all help.
    thanks,
    R

Maz
    Keymaster

@rcorsano wrote:

hello,
    i’ve recently moved to las vegas from california and am in desperate need of a LLMD, does anyone know of anyone here in las vegas? i appreciate all help.
    thanks,
    R

Dear R,

Welcome to the Road Back Fdn discussion forum.

Do you have a rheumatic disease along with your Lyme?

Unfortunately, there are no LLMDs for Nevada on our list, but it’s possible that new ones have been listed that we don’t yet know about, so would suggest contacting the Tickborne Disease Alliance (previously known as Turn The Corner Fdn) to ask them for their Nevada LLMD list.

http://tbdalliance.org/treatment/find-a-medical-professional

Also, LymeNet has support groups by state, so you can contact this network of patient advocates and ask if they know of any LLMDs in Las Vegas or surrounds – if you learn of any, we’d love to add them to our list, too, as our lists are peer-maintained:

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Nevada/

If travel is an option, CA has a pretty extensive LLMD list but you’ve just moved from there, so probably know this already. Let me know if you’d still like the CA list and all the best to you in your searches. 🙂

Anonymous
    Participant

hi Maz,
    i have lyme and bartonella…guess i’m lucky to not have RA as well.
    thanks for your reply. i will check out the links you have provided.
    wishing you good health.
    R

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.